1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

*ALERT! CA Demonstration CALLING ALL DOG OWNERS *

Discussion in 'Laws & Legislation' started by RHI, Jul 28, 2005.

1. RHI

RHI Big Dog

Not sure if this is posted already, so far unfortunatly, their has'nt been much interest shown in attending.....if possible, please attend but must let her / Dawn know if attending or their won't be a deminstration if not enough interest.....

*ALL* Dog Owners opposed to Breed Specific Legislation in California:
    Please plan for a demonstration at the Capitol Building on August 15, 2005 in downtown Sacramento (THIS IS THE DAY THE LEGISLATURE RETURNS AFTER HIATUS). We need a crowd of about 300-500 people to make this an effective demonstration! (Note: if we cannot get enough interest, we will not hold the demonstration, because a demonstration that is too small looks particularly bad and would be more damaging than not holding a demonstration at all). Therefore, PLEASE spread the word and CONFIRM your participation no later than August 10, 2005.

Please sign up to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/capitolprotest/ to log your participation. This will be the global mailing list for all demonstrators, and if the demonstration is cancelled due to lack of interest, that information WILL be posted!

We need everyone out there who can possibly make it. Please DO NOT bring a dog unless that dog is ABSOLUTELY AND TOTALLY well-behaved around both people and dogs. Your dog should be able to sit beside you politely and not growl, bark, or become overly excited around other dogs. You will do more harm than good if you bring a poorly behaved or aggressive dog! However, please do feel free to come WITHOUT a dog. We need bodies! Spread the word fast! Take off work if at all possible because we NEED to be there when the politicians are there! We will be greeting them at the front steps.

As for permits -- we are not sure whether we can get a permit by that time. We need volunteers to help coordinate (permits signs, keeping order, etc.). Please, please volunteer if you can. We will be holding this with or without a permit if we get enough RSVPs. Be orderly, polite, and do not block sidewalks, entrances or exits, or obstruct traffic. (IF we do not get enough RSVPs to hold this, and SB 861 passes, who will we have to blame?)

There is no single organizer of this event. It is a collection of concerned dog owners! Show folks: get out there. Breeders: get out there. Pet dog owners: Get out there. People without dogs that don't like BSL: get out there.

Permission to crosspost to dog or BSL lists. DO NOT send this to any legislator/politican.

Dawns site is still wanting pictures, please be patient , They'll try to get your pictures up ASAP, Thank You for pictures ...and Thanks to the Volunteers....

2. RHI

RHI Big Dog

They are NO LONGER wanting dogs brought to the demonstration

as it only takes 1 dog to act up for whatever reason and would do more damage then good....

also, bringing a dog to this kind of demonstration could be dangerous to your dog....

Still Wanting and Needing people to be there....

3. DEADGAME14

DEADGAME14 Big Dog

im up for it so count me in im only a hour away from the Capitol so it will be no problem.just keep me updated.

4. RHI

RHI Big Dog

That is Awesome ! don't forget to register for the head count, if I hear anything, will let you know, see ya there....

5. RHI

RHI Big Dog

You do not have to use the yahoogroups to register (though it is recommended). You can send an email to chakorescue@gmail.com to RSVP as well ......

As for head count -- as of today about 150 confirmations. Linda Blair gave Dawn a call today and confirmed that she WILL be attending the event. .......

150, so far, thats pretty sad.....

6. RHI

RHI Big Dog

It will be Tomorrow at 8:00 am, on the west side of the Capitol, facing "L" street. It should last until approximately
    noon. More information is available at www.pitbull.us

Hope to see a Great turn out......

7. Zoe

Zoe CH Dog

Good luck guys. I wish I could be there. I'll be thinking about it for sure!

8. good luck if i was not in indy i'd be there

9. RHI

RHI Big Dog

Thanks, wish you guys could be there......