1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

alabama weight pull

Discussion in 'Sports & Activities' started by Breaseale, Jan 3, 2007.

1. Breaseale

Breaseale Pup

I Need some info

Just wondering when and where(if there is any in winter)that a dogg show coming around the area of alabama will be happening.I'm new to the breed and just got me an awesome dog and I'm really wanting to get him into the sport(like weight & springpole)but,just kinda don't know where to go from here.It being witer and all do they still have them or is it mostly in warm weather.I just don't want to waste his life of him to do nothing.So hit me up and some of yall let me know some advice of where to start.He's only 5months old and surely there is no age limit of him learning to do a little something.I just don't know what that something might be.I bought him a pole but,when I go to try and get him to play with it,he don't act like he wants nothing to do with it.Is this comin in most young dogs and it just takes time or what.Thanks,Breaseale

2. kanediggity

kanediggity Big Dog

there is a pull coming up in 4-20-07 and 4-21-07 in steele AL. it is an apa weight pull. that is becoming a really good place to pull with their new rules and everything. hope this helps i will see if i can find some more.

why couldnt i post on the original thread ?

3. diva

diva CH Dog

I am in Alabama as well. We go to the Bulldogger Association shows. They have conformation, weight pulling, treadmill race, and hang time.

The Alabama Bulldogger Association's next show will be on April 7,2007 in New Market, AL (which is right outside of Huntsville). Contact Stillwater on here for information on this club. He's a good man and I am sure he will give you a few tips.
    http://www.alabamabulldoggerassociation.com/

There is a show in TN this Saturday with the Volunteer State Bulldogger Association.
    http://www.vsbulldoggerassoc.com/

Also, they have the TN Bulldogger Association. Not sure when their next show date is yet.
    http://www.tnbulldoggerassociation.com/

I believe they have a KY and GA Bulldogger Association as well. I think each club has two pointed shows a year.

THERE ARE SEVERAL CLUBS AT PRESENT THAT RECOGNIZE EACH OTHER'S SHOW/WORKING POINTS. CHAMPION IS AWARDED TO A DOG THAT OBTAINS 100 POINTS THROUGH COMPETITION. GRAND CHAMPION IS AWARDED TO DOGS THAT REACH 200 POINTS EITHER IN WORKING EVENTS OR CONFORMATION. (sorry for the caps, copied and pasted that from the website)