1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

akita vs bulldog ha never.

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by blazed, Dec 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jelet

Jelet Banned

Bite tests are very inaccurate IMO, especially when dealing with the APBT breed.

"Bite tests" have a human wearing a bite sleeve. And who is to say that the APBT is biting its hardest with the human wearing the sleeve? Why would it bite its hardest? Why? Why would it bites its hardest with a human wearing a sleeve?

As I said, it depends on the individual dog...

Do you think the bite force PSI of chinaman would be the same PSI as all APBTS? No it would not... Point being... It depends on the dog itself.
    People will cross bloodlines when breeding to add mouth. Because, different dogs have different biting strength. If the PSI was all the same for the entire breed, then why do people cross lines with its purpose to add mouth?

On top of that, why does my dog finish a large nylabone in 3 weeks when a neighbor of mine has a mastiff(bigger head according to your theory) and it finishes a large nylabone in 6 months?

Because... It depends on the individual dog.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2009
  2. AGame

AGame CH Dog

Ok,first of all i wasnt comparing 2 APBT dogs with that being said these were all dogs trained for bitework and protection which im sure these dogs gave there all no 2 apbt will have the same bite pressure no but im saying in different breeds and in every case the size of the dogs head is what contributed to the bitepower its pure science how u gonna say they are wrong it has been tested time after time

3. Jelet

Jelet Banned

Explain the science in my small head dog finishing a nyla bone in 3 weeks and my neighbors masttif finishing a nylabone in 6 months. The mastiffs head is honestly 2x bigger than the size of my dogs head.

Explain chinaman having the same head size as other dogs, but still bites way way way way harder than other dogs the same head size.

Explain a Chihuahua having a smaller head size than a puppy of a great dane. Yet the Chihuahua bites harder and its head is smaller

And I still doubt the apbt is biting its hardest with the human wearing the sleeve with those bite tests. But I guess we would never know, since we are not inside the apbts mind...

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2009
  4. AGame

AGame CH Dog

ok im sick of any post someone posts u feel the need to be the all knowing child ok so why does your dog finish the bone faster hell idk maybe the other dog doesnt care for it as much that doesnt have shit to do with bite pressure ffs and as far as chinamans bite being harder than any other dog how the fook am i supposed to know thats true or how the hell are you for that matter did they test this hell no im just stating what has been prooven in numerous amount of tests and yes i agree diff dogs of diff breeds do have a diference in bite pressure but i can bet the mastiff with the 2x bigger head has 2x the bite power of your dog but this is the last post war i will get into with you because no matter if you are wrong you still fight the fact you are

5. AGame

AGame CH Dog

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-9UNEDbXAc&feature=related[/ame]

6. absolute peril

absolute peril Big Dog

I second that.

7. tony413

tony413 Big Dog

all animals have 2 different bite forces: offensive which is higher psi and defensive which is lower psi. unless you can accurately measure both then its a useless test.

theres more to a dog fight than just mouth, i think style of fighting usually determines who will win, obviously an APBT is not going to push a tosa out of a ring and likewise a tosa is not going to win in the []. thats 2 different styles of fighting.

however if we were to take a 40lbs APBT and 40lbs Catahoula Leopard dog, im thinking the catahoula might have more biting force because of snout shape.

8. tony413

tony413 Big Dog

that african wild dog had a smaller head than the previous 2 animals tested but yet its bite was stronger there seems to be a contradiction there.

im still holding that snout size influences bite force a little more than overall head size.

9. popper

popper CH Dog

Yea the apbt is wasting its time , the akita doesnt stand a chance

10. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

When we were growing up the dd on our block had two akitas, mean a uck! we grew up scared of those dogs. but bite force test are innaccurate bc yo cant command a dog to bite as hard as he/she can. like its always been said, dogs bite hard bc hey want to. science shsows lrger breeds bite the hardest. i think mastiffs came in first lace right?

11. pitbullkid86

pitbullkid86 Big Dog

Those test are completely innaccurate. A dog might bite his ass off today and not tomorrow, depending how he really feels that day. Maybe the size of the head does play a key role and maybe it doesnt. I agree with Jelet, maybe a small headed APBT wont bite its hardest on a human wearing a sleeve and a Mastiff with a melon head will crush an arm through a sleeve but thats not to say a APBT cannot apply that same amount pressure to the limb of another animal. My pup "slighty" bit my thumb while I was taking a bone out of his mouth. I promise you I never in my life felt that much pain, it ran through out my entire body. lol.

Not to get off track............im for the the bulldog 100%

12. Diesel

Diesel Top Dog

putting any thing other than another bulldog against a bulldog is not fair.

13. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

my guess would be if it were to beat the bulldog it would do it before the gameness came into play. meaning if he wins he's gonna kill the dog in under 20 mins.

14. tony413

tony413 Big Dog

+1 all the way

15. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

True and True, seen its over and over again. When that happens its usually a match the bulldog owner never should've gotten involved with anyways.

16. damon

damon Banned

ive seen this match and the akita did pretty well. obviously hes not going to be as game as the pit. id say the akita didnt look much bigger than the pit aswell.

17. feastodg

feastodg Big Dog

ive seen a doberman kill a bulldog, fast, but that one incident was a fluke and the owners were assholes and morons. i dont know why people that own other breeds always feel the need to exert their opinion on why their dog could beat a "pitbull", anyhow the apbt is and always will be the best... people with their insecurities

18. NobleKnls

NobleKnls Pup

I have seen an akita or two that were respectable, not bulldogs but better than a bullshit "bulldog". I always laughed at my drunk cousin when he went to talking about his "wolfs." Well I am gonna give you the edited version. He had some fine animals. Big as lions, but with hearts like lions also. APBT are genetically bred machines, lb for lb a "good" bulldog is as perfect a dog that nature could ever hope to produce. Just giving credit where it is due...
    We had fed a few dogs down from his stock and they were like big hairy bulldogs. Couldn't let it roam like a lab, b/c he would just tear into other animals. They were good hunting dogs.

19. RedNoseProdigy

RedNoseProdigy Big Dog

well i know every dog is different......but a couple of weeks ago i was going back to my house after a morning walk with one of my dogs and their wuz a huge Akita standing by my back porch....i'm not gon lie i froze in my tracks because i heard stories that they could be kind of ruff.......and my dog is still a pup (13 months) not to say she cant handle her self just didnt want things to get ugly....anyway....he looked at us and i thought he was about to charge us....but my dog lunged and he hauled ass....lol....dat shit was funny as hell.... a 100lb bitch ass dog...so their credibility went out the door with me on that one

20. tony413

tony413 Big Dog

how many other dogs are bred specifically to fight in the [] ???? /thread on that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.