1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Aftercare vids and books

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by jeeperino, Jul 30, 2011.

1. jeeperino

jeeperino CH Dog

With the wealth of info out here about our dogs, why hasnt a laymans version aftercare video or book been made?? I know there are plenty of vet manuals and books available but Id hate to say some people dont have the smarts to read and understand them. There also needs to be more info on antibiotics and steriods available.

IMO aftercare is just as important as breeding, keeps, handling, etc...

How about a book "Aftercare for Dummies"? lol

Its just a shame because ive seen some good dogs lost due to dumbass owners that dont know how to take care of a dog after a hunt.

YFIS

2. slim12

slim12 Super Moderator Staff Member

true, not pushing the book, or the man...but the Pit Bull Bible has a good section on antibiotics, suppliers, dosages, etc...etc...good sections on anti-septics, care, etc...etc...if someone is "light in the britches" on this subject the book is well worth the $99 asking price....i try to avoid the hooplah over where he got the information, if all his claims are true or not, if he is the smartest/most accomplished dog man of all time....it always leads to shit slinging...but the book is nice and well put together...even for the experienced, but especially for the newer guys....US1

3. jeeperino

jeeperino CH Dog

ive never read that...ill look for it. thx

4. letsmakestuffup

letsmakestuffup Big Dog

5. Finito

Finito Big Dog

Buy 10 Pit Bull Bibles for $500 or $550 overseas.
    Not a bad deal,if you could get a group of lads/ladies together,who wanted the book.
    If not,then wait until december as he most aways has a xmas deal on.
    Only one i have not got is the Little Black Book. Anyone tell me if this is basically a smaller/shorter version of the Bible ?

6. jacko

jacko CH Dog

that deal seems ok . you in uk same as.

7. brindle

brindle Big Dog

Yes it is basically the same book but with the bulldog specific info removed.

The rest is the same text. You are best off to get the PB Bible, it is more complete. And if you have that, you don't need the other book...

8. Mark1427

Mark1427 Big Dog

you can find that info in some of the old publications. look in the products and equipment section of the board and you will find what you are looking for there.

9. caruga

caruga Pup

Best you can do for your dog after a hunt is to find a trustworthy vet who keeps his mouth shot,and likes a little "extra" money on the side.It works for me and a lot of people I know,yis!

10. ShakaZ

ShakaZ CH Dog

And how easy is that to do caruga? Cause I ain't been able to turn that particular trick yet.

11. Mark1427

Mark1427 Big Dog

youd be taking a risk just trying to find a vet that likes extra money. weigh the options for your self.

12. Roche

Roche Big Dog

Great minds think alike jeep. I was also wondering why there is no aftercare videos. Might even give the humaniacs a different perception of sporting dogs

13. LoL you're living in fantasy land if
    You believe that.

14. Roche

Roche Big Dog

Lol. One day is one day. The revolution of how people see gamedogs is soon to come, just have faith.lol

15. bgblok68

bgblok68 CH Dog

Lol Hell is starting to get frosty to.

16. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

bump it up!

17. ShakaZ

ShakaZ CH Dog

Why? Has anything changed?

18. ELIAS'PISTOLA

ELIAS'PISTOLA CH Dog

The husband and wife team of REDNECK kennels put out a great video on excellent husbandry skills in the mid ninties that was sold in sdj and the gazeette...
    Anyone ever see it or heard of it??? Alot of similar stuff came out in the compete gamedog book, but seening first hand seemed alot more informational...

19. Mudville_Monsta

Mudville_Monsta Top Dog

The predecessor to the bible is a lot of help and way less cheap @ free dollars. Look for the 2007 indispensible tips which if I remember correctly was a revised version of his original Indispensible tips. Somebody may have a copy floating around. Also I have looked into what it takes to be a vet tech. Some of you may have similar programs in your necks of the woods. It was a 6mo coarse for $3000 dollars. Hell I more than half of that spent on vet bills in the yrs I've had these dogs.