1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Advice for a new bulldog owner?

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by SeedbornMuse, Jan 5, 2013.

1. sadieblues

sadieblues CH Dog

I have one who I can leave out of a crate while I am gone in my bedroom and he doesn't bother anything this comes from a lot of time and training. This same dog would destroy every single kennel he has ever been in to get loose he doesn't like crates and will eat his way out of anything. I personally don't chain but I have friends who do and they have had O rings Snap so these dogs can and do break loose even from chains if hardware is not properly checked and maintained on a regular basis. I have 5 dogs living indoors with me I have a lot of house space so I am able to crate them in different parts of the house. Most of them do play together but since they have grown older I usually bring them out in two's now. It's workable either way it's alot of work wether you crate, kennel, or chain. Like rasper said you will need a bunch of break sticks laying around the house you will most likely need to use one with multiple dogs under one roof or yard it happens even to the most seasoned dog owners they just don't tell anyone lol. Trial and Error there is really no handbook that will prepare you for any and everything that can happen with these dogs. Also because these dogs like to chew I would be careful about leaving around things like toys and ropes, even blankets I just had one chew part of her blanket that ended up with a bowel obstruction not fun at all!!! So you have to really watch them and don't leave anything in the crates or around the chain spots if you believe they are chewers and will eat up anything they can get to.

2. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

tatonka kennels....

3. bootsbjj

bootsbjj Banned

I noticed you said your bullys won't walk more than a mile. Be prepared to do a lot more walking than that with your new dog. If you plan on having this dog as any sort of "pet" it's going to need a lot of exercise or it will probably be a huge pain in the ass. I keep my dog in the house, and if she doesn't get her 3 miles in in the morning she won't let me sit down until lunch. If I don't let her chase the flirt pole in the afternoon its the same thing until dinner.

Dogs of any breed that come from working stock generally have a ton of energy that they NEED to burn of somehow. "Working" means having a job, and most of them don't really like being "unemployed".