1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Advances in the last 20 years of Conditioning

Discussion in 'Sports & Activities' started by redrumdog, Jun 9, 2010.

1. redrumdog

redrumdog Top Dog

What would you say is the biggest improvement in conditioning dogs in the past 20 years has been? Articles have been written in SDJ years ago about Mayfield,Maffei,Fife,and many others methods of putting a dog in shape.Maffei wrote an article about conditioning which he stated he would work a dog roughly every other day(sorry can't remember the article exactly) this was around 1988.Back in my day guys would use a basic keep of treadmill/jenny with walking.Now of course some where more advance then others.

2. synno2004

synno2004 Top Dog

Not only in conditioning of dogs but also in different sports such as soccer, football, baseball, cycling and many others activities.

weightpull, agility, tracking and obedience....................

Vitamins and Minerals are the biggest improvemnts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

3. Bmf_bt

Bmf_bt Big Dog

Altitudechambers. Pretty basic building project if you have some skills.

4. redrumdog

redrumdog Top Dog

I mean if you take human sports for one look at football, the receivers are monsters coming out of college 6'3 or 6'4 230 plus and fast as shit.The vitamins and health conditioning is unbelievable in athletes today. I think the knowledge is readily available to people.I know conditioning of dogs is different then humans but the knowledge is very useful.