1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

adba safe dog certfication

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by nc_pitbullmommy, Jul 1, 2008.

1. nc_pitbullmommy

nc_pitbullmommy Big Dog

anyone know how this works? i am familiar with the akc's canine good citizen program...is it going to follow the same basic idea?

2. bahamutt99

bahamutt99 CH Dog

I've never heard of it. Is it on their website? I didn't see it, but I also didn't dig that deeply.

3. Patch O' Pits

Patch O' Pits CH Dog

Hmmm... well it doesn't give any info it says,
    "ADBA Safe Dog Program coming soon!" but not on the APBT section on the other breed section.
    http://www.adbadogs.com/p_home.asp

4. From what the ADBA talked about at the Convention this year, yes this will be similiar to the AKC program. This is geared specifically for our breed. Western Carolina APBT Club is hoping the certification will be ready for their show in September...

5. bahamutt99

bahamutt99 CH Dog

So its going to be similar to the CGC, but probably without the part requiring them to tolerate the presence of another dog? I think that's a great idea. I always wondered why the ADBA didn't craft an APBT-friendly obedience title.

6. cutt

cutt CH Dog

another positive step for our breed.. WE need it all.

7. T2AK

T2AK Banned

Right on brother! I'll 2cnd that!

8. Patch O' Pits

Patch O' Pits CH Dog

Very cool. I e-mailed them for more info, but haven't gotten any yet.