1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

"Accused dog fighter" turns himself in

Discussion in 'Pit Bull News' started by Suki, Jun 13, 2006.

1. Suki

Suki Guest

"Accused dog fighter" turns himself in

June 13, 2006 (last updated 5:16 PM)Gary, Ind.
    - A firefighter accused of running a dog fighting facility in Gary, Ind., was arrested Tuesday. Carlton Davis Junior faces 26 charges, including animal cruelty....

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=local&id=4267202

watch the vid, as well

2. simms

simms CH Dog

Re: "Accused dog fighter" turns himself in

Pc is to old to watch any vids...LOL

Just cause a man turns himself in doesnt mean that hes guilty. And in the event that he admitts or is caught in the act or is stupid enough to have a tape of himself ....I will give the guy the bennifit of the doubt.

3. SMOKIN HEMI

SMOKIN HEMI CH Dog

they probaly found a breaking stick. who doesn't have a breaking stick? If I had a big enough yard and a shed I would have a barn with a tread mill in it. I just keepin it real. Lord knows Smokey needs all ther exercise he can get. If they don't have a video or some dogs that are really scared up they don't have a case. For the reason that they are asking 4500 dollars for anyone else means that they really don't have any evidence except hear say...

4. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

There was no video simms, their "evidence" was this guy had a barn and a treadmill. They dug out some jumper cables and wha-lah, theres a plug. They showed a few of the dogs, looked healthy, and only one had any visible wounds (fresh wounds to the nose, nothing drastic...probably a coon or a very short yard accident). The dogs looked sad as can be locked in them kennels, with about 7 heaping cups of junk dog food in a bowl, and I even noticed the workers feeding the dogs licorice! Really healthy huh?

And black cesar-you nailed it. The reward is out for people to make up some stories to support their bs case.

5. Attila

Attila Guest

The dogs looked heathy to me. The thing they called an electric shocker is a test module for mechanic work. Many dog show, pull and agility trainers use thread mills. I think he is innocent and being set up. It looked like he had a nice place I think if his dogs were worth that much someone on this site would have known him or heard of him. I smell red tape and scandalism.

6. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

Anyone else notice how the link was a chicago newsite, and the man accused doesnt even live in Illinois? Funny how far even a dog-fighting accusation will spread to sell papers....!

7. BullDozer

BullDozer Top Dog

I feel kinda sorry for this guy... the news has all the inside information... he was making up to 10000 dollars per fight with valuable enough dogs that someone risked going to jail to try and steal, yet he couldn't even hardly scrape up a 14k tab to skip bars. Come on now, sounds like a part time breeder - and really people tried to break into that fortress pictured in the video... LMAO.... we are talking GARY INDIANA here folks... half the population is trying to move into jail for better living conditions... LMAO... prolly someone smelled the fresh kibble and figured WTF?!?!

8. Re: "Accused dog fighter" turns himself in

sounds fishy to me.

9. thablacksheep

thablacksheep Big Dog

I have to disagree. if you scroll down through the other stories you'll find another video on this matter. In the other video they said they found 6 dead dogs in garbage bags and a rolled up carpet full of blood. It's good to support those of the pit bull community but at the same time we must understand that there are a lot of people out there that use these dogs for their own gratifications. The part that did make me upset was the fact that they assummed that a breeding stand was some type of device to face two dogs off to make them aggressive. How stupid can they be

10. thablacksheep

thablacksheep Big Dog

no disrespect to anyone from Gary Indiana but I needed that laugh

11. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

Have you ever seen a litter whelped? There is an insane ammout of blood and material that comes out with the animals and gets imbedded into whatever material you have the bitch on. If he was using a spare peice of carpet-it could very easily be mistaken as flooring for a pit by the same idiots who let their imaginations fly on the issue of the breeding stand. 6 dead dogs? How old were these corpses? I have dogs, cats, and a horse buried out back of my house, and I've been here less than 2 years. Animals die, if you can, everyone likes to keep the corpses of the departed friend close by. Because someone is burying their dead doesnt mean they also killed them (specifically through fighting). Was every person in a graveyard murdered? Of course not....

This guy might be guilty, who knows. But until some decent evidence comes out all I see is an innocent breeder being exploited to sell newspapers and gain ARA groups $$.

12. thablacksheep

thablacksheep Big Dog

The Almighty 14rock. Everything that you just stated is your opinion. I've seen plenty litters whelped, and I also buried a whole litter as well. Why do you come off the way you do partna. I'm very aware that animals die and that people like to keep they're departed friends close by. Just seems a lil odd to have 6 departed friends in garbage bags inside your home, basement, or shed. Like I said, I disagreed with what was stated previously and I have my reasons of why I do. I'm not saying that the man is guilty, but it damn sure don't look good for him.

13. Riptora

Riptora CH Dog

I am the type of person who always wants to give a stranger the benefit of a doubt, I always try to understand questionable situations and look in the grey areas.

Although what Rock said is true, there are plenty of likely possabilities as to what was going on here, and even I highly doubt this guy was just breeding dogs. This guy somehow managed to draw A LOT of attention to himself ( because, how many of you who own kennels have had search warrants? ) and still had bags of dead animals and bloody carpets. I don't know... either the guy is a big idiot who drew far too much attention ( w/bad santitation habits ) and is innocent OR he is indeed guilty and got caught.

I always buried my pets too, but I didn't have several dead animals in bags... but again, he could be innocent and just got tagged at a bad time... doubtful though. If I had some bloody carpet lurking around from a past welping... nasty.

I wouldn't worry about the breeding stands and basic equipment. I am sure that in court, these devices will be explained and supported with proof of what they are.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2006
  14. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

I'm not trying to fight "theblacksheep", just stand up for someone being raped in the papers. Is it unjust, or does he deserve it? None of us know. Just want to give some people reasons to think for themselves and not automatically assume everything they read in the paper as fact ;) And yes, my statements are in fact, less than opinion. They are purely speculations.

15. thablacksheep

thablacksheep Big Dog

correction, they found the bags in the back of a pickup truck.

16. thablacksheep

thablacksheep Big Dog

I have a question and allthough it doesn't pertain to the story please bare with me. Did O.J. Do it? :)

17. Red_Chrome

Red_Chrome Big Dog

That's hilarious. BullDozer. I really don't think that this guy was fighting his dogs. He had a treadmill woohooo, there's an automatic dog fighter. Yeah Right! Arrrggghhhh I ahte the media anything to sell a buck.

18. SMOKIN HEMI

SMOKIN HEMI CH Dog

I'm telling you they are looking for other people offering a reward that means that they don't have anything. Maybe he was fighting dogs, but they don't have anything. And by the way O.J. did it....LMAO

19. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

LOL I plead the 5th!

20. simms

simms CH Dog

Heres some food for thought,

In many citties within the city limits, it is illegal to bury or dispose of a dead animals carcass, remains.

The accsued may have Intended a comunal burial ? The accused could of had serious yard accident, the deaths have not been determined or aprox age or guestimate of time of death of these deceased animals.....from what I've read,I could be wrong.

Any of you ever had a shit wrecker get of the chain? Any of you had a friend or relative watch the yard and while your vacationing get a call .....that there has been a accident.

I can go on and on.....