1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

abuse of power

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by texas_dogger, Jun 15, 2008.

1. simms

simms CH Dog

Damned if you do damned if you dont!...LOL.

2. texas_dogger

texas_dogger Big Dog

No drinking of haterade here just dont think you should be posting giving your opinion when you have AC coming to you house 2 times since you have had this new nico pup which has been about 2 weeks as you have clearly stated(bragging). I might be wrong but I am just going by what you have said.

3. Dr_jitsu

Dr_jitsu Big Dog

AC came nearly a month before I got Nico. When I got his step sister, Mindy (double bred daughter of Ch Brusier Mayday/Barracuda) she was only 10 weeks old and I was trying to teach her to stay outside for 20 minutes. She would scream like a banshee when left outside but I ignored her until she was quite (so as not to reward the behavior). One of my neighbors called AC and reported that I "was fighting dogs." Actually, our local Police officer came over. I invited him inside, offered him a Dr Pepper and showed him Mindy. He said "what a cute Pit Bull." I responded "what, the breeder said she was a Patterdale terrier, I heard them Pit Bulls are killers!" and then we both laughed.

I also sweet talked the AC lady and made sure to take Mindy and introduce her to all my neighbors.

You see, my friend, I am the kind of guy you want involved w/ our dogs since I actively promote a positive image (while at the same time remaining loyal to the true spirit of our dogs). But I have to tell ya, many people on this board would reinforce the negative public perception of our dogs by the petty and childish backstabing and vituperation.

4. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

A big reason posts are removed, are wonderfully showcased within 3 out of the last 4 posts.

If you have a problem with a mod, talk to them about it. If the issue can't be resolved, and you feel seriously wronged, pm an Admin with your problems so they can look into it.

The new mods are doing a good job, and as stated before, are getting around to much more than staff previously could. Things that were allowed to slide in the past, are being picked up upon, as they should be.

And to make something clear, posts are VERY RARELY 100% deleted on the forum. They are soft deleted, and appear with a warning next to them inside the thread for Staff to see. This way, everyone can see what was deleted, and there are no questions or assumptions. It's still there for us to see. New moderators have been asked to "soft delete" everything, so we can look them over and evaluate their decisions. If they are unsure, it's taken off the publics viewing. If it was unjust in doing so, we'll put it back up.

5. texas_dogger

texas_dogger Big Dog

DrJitsu you seem like you are high on yourself. Somethings you post I really agree 100% with but and you might be a great ambassador for this breed but thats not how it seems to me at all again JMHO.

6. jman11

jman11 King of the Valley

Thank you very much for explaining! I however, did take this to PM ( and yet to have a response.) I also was in PM contact with Marty, and he looked into it, but I have yet to hear a final word. All the mean while, my post is still not up for the public to see:confused::confused::confused:

Did you have a chance to review it?

7. texas_dogger

texas_dogger Big Dog

Anyway the problem at hand is not with you DrJ so I will refrain from futher conversation with you on this thread.

8. Marty

Marty Guest

jman11... I deleted all the off topic post just so you know and yes we are looking into it.

9. jman11

jman11 King of the Valley

THANK YOU

&

THANK YOU

:)

10. Suki

Suki Guest

yup.

this still seems to be a fairly common one:

Argue with posts, not the poster. Debating topics are good, but arguing, flaming, or bashing between members or of any off-site person, site, or kennel is not acceptable and will not be tolerated. Personal attacks will not be tolerated. Firm and direct constructive criticism is encouraged and often necessary, outright insults are not~this inparticular....

the new mods are doing quite well, i agree.
    t'aint always easy sometimes, huh?!!!;)

11. JuckingFerk

JuckingFerk Big Dog

I had a post deleted yesterday. There was a claim that I was flaming and I was not. I was just making suggestions with the possible outcome of said suggestions. Oh well, cant please them all.

Ferk out