1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

abuse of power

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by texas_dogger, Jun 15, 2008.

1. texas_dogger

texas_dogger Big Dog

Im sorry I had to open this thread but it is needed. It has caught my attention that mods have been abusing their power for far to long and it needs to stop. It has happened in the past and is still going on. Just because a mod does not agree with your post gives them no right to take it down there is still freedom of speech as far as I know. Unless it violates the AWA of 1976 or they are pimpin their dogs it should not be a problem but it seems to me that a few mods past and present have been abusing their power and this is not acceptable. Colbydogs has proven to be a very fair mod as many have been past and present but there has been a few that make you really wonder. Not going to name any names just felt this needed to be addressed.

2. Just curious, but was this in reference to the posts of which a newer member tried to peddle and stud his crap?
    If so, then I completely agree with the deletion of them.

3. jman11

jman11 King of the Valley

Curiosity Killed the Cat!!

peddling on this forum is a NO-NO

i am pretty sure he is referring to mods deleting posts, even when they abide by all rules(AKA deleting posts for their own selfish and ignorant reasons) and other things of that nature

4. Well, it was not specified and my example just happened a few minutes, so curiosity killed me! :D I had to ask.

5. jman11

No problem. It is still something that needs to be brought up and needs attention.

there is a few mods in specific that need to be removed

6. Marty

Marty Guest

texas_dogger why don't you just PM me your concerns... did you even read the post in question?

7. ColbyDogs

ColbyDogs Top Dog

I'll leave this up for now til Marty and the other mods see it.

When people break rules then the post should be removed period. In the past some posts stay up and thus has created a lack of enforcement. Some have grown acustom to that practice however things that need to be removed shall be and will be.

We have a few new mods ( me included ) and right now it is in the "Honeymoon " stage for some of us so we are going along as we find our place. There are going to be some changes and you might see therules be more enforced that is something that we all will have to deal with.

I personally do not want to bust balls but I was asked to do a job and have a set guideline to follow and I'll be damned if I do not follow through with the job I was asked to do.

It would be nice to get back to discussing dogs without all the drama the follows alot of posts. The action that the drama brings only makes the thread close and takes away from the original topic. In the end I know I come to this board for information and to talk dogs with the people who fancy them as much as I do and I can honestly live without all the drama.

( damn I am slow at typing Marty already responded )

8. jman11

texas dogger did see the thread in question

HE EVEN THANKED ME FOR IT

9. jman11

Thank You Marty for taking time to overview the problems and possibly alleviate my concerns!:)

10. texas_dogger

texas_dogger Big Dog

No I clearly stated that pimpin your dogs should get your post deleted. The rules are as clear as day if you cant abide by them then you need to move on. This means IF YOU ARE PIMPIN YOUR DOGS/PUPPIES, OR VIOLATE THE 1976 AWA ON THIS BOARD YOUR POST NEEDS TO BE DELETED. JUST BECAUSE A MOD DOESNT AGREE W/ YOUR POST DOESNT MEAN THEY HAVE THE RIGHT TO TAKE IT DOWN. Know what I mean;)

11. Bullyson

Bullyson CH Dog

There have been issues with mods BUT they can all be resolved without the capital D-rama. If there are issues, no one other than those with said issues should know about them. Just MHO. Ive been guilty of airing my dirty laundry, but I learned the hard way after a couple 3 day bids scrubbing buckets. ;)

12. jman11

Throw that overhand right!

13. Pirbul

Pirbul CH Dog

Its very hard to be a mod, more on a forum like this one where lot of different dog fanciers meet, so you should take all this to private and give your opinion / feedback to mods, im sure they'll thank you for that, but doing this on public you might start some flaming / drama.

I totally agree with the anti-peddle rules on this forum, but instead of delete/remove, editing and closing would be the thing to do, just in my opinion. Im admin/mod of another forum and im always amazed on Marty and other mod's of game-dog for the volume of people this forum runs and how they manage all this.

14. texas_dogger

texas_dogger Big Dog

Must be a misunderstanding Marty I have alot of respect for you and the decisions you make on this board. I have taken it to PM but got no response as I expected. Most of the mods on here are really good and i am not trying to create any problems I just feel this needed to be adressed. Again I am totally for deleting posts that are nothin more than Pimpin.

15. The only reason I said what I did, is because, in my opinion, it gives the people who are looking to buy from a BYB or outsides the chance to become a member in hopes to PM the fella in which is trying to peddle his garbage. If it is not allowed on the board, I do not see it should stay period. No reason to help support them in any way.

Not that I do not respect the owners wishes or am trying to compromise his (?) authority, it was just my thoughts on issue.

16. ColbyDogs

ColbyDogs Top Dog

There is a total of 31 rules and if anything all rules should be followed not just 1 or 2. Some rules are easily bent due to being slight misdemeaners in comparison to other rules however they are rules none the less.

It could be as easy to do an all or nothing system but I feel we would have more complaints doing it that way.

I am sorry the post got deleted but I am sure the mod who did it had his/her reason for doing so even if one agrees or not.

17. CooljoeGoodie

CooljoeGoodie Big Dog

This board range of topics are vast,which is kind of unique and it has worked for most part.But with it's vast range,there seems to be more rules than other boards.Now with all that being said,I think they are there to help more than anything else....JMO

18. Dr_jitsu

Dr_jitsu Big Dog

I am a member of many boards (mostly car related). I have never seen as many personal attacks as I have witnessed on this board relative to substantive discussions. Most threads on here are 20% substance and 80% personal attacks. The pattern is: 1; a question gets asked; 2;about a dozen people chime in to scream "you are a noob and know nothing about dogs, your dogs are curs, I have been in the dogs longer than you...blah blah blah; 3; You must work for the Humane Society, lol.

These personal attacks reflect badly on the breed and it is the job of the mods to control them. Having said that, the mods on the board are some of the least power hungry (although Marty was quick to Jude Mike, lol...he was also quick to apologize) and are IMO very reasonable.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2008
  19. texas_dogger

texas_dogger Big Dog

Seems like you have a few personal grudges against some people on here. Best to stick to the cars I suppose. Sorry if nobody is impressed by your AC stories.

20. Dr_jitsu

Dr_jitsu Big Dog

That is exactly what I am talking about. The haterade really flows here. BTW I have absolutely no grudges against anyone on this forum. I will keep my cars AND my dogs however.