1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

above ground kennels

Discussion in 'Products & Equipment' started by ofrn_man, Dec 11, 2013.

1. St. Ides

St. Ides Big Dog

I'd be worried about flooding and snow + trying to clean them out. Great way to hide a yard of dogs, though.

2. treezpitz

treezpitz CH Dog Staff Member

Same thoughts I had Ides along with it being easier for pests to get in.Good point about hiding yard lol.

3. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

sounds like a snake pit waiting to happen....

4. mccoypitbulls

mccoypitbulls Underdog

us northern folks dont have the snake worries yall have. Have not tried one, but they would be hard to clean out..just curipus if anyone else seen them or used them.

5. treezpitz

treezpitz CH Dog Staff Member

One I made recently. 4x4s were reclaimed from a fence contractor I know and most of the 2x4s were reclaimed from my older above ground pen.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. mitchm

mitchm Pup

This one is 4x8 feet, you can make it 8x8 feet if you want. Regular ground kennel run would be cheaper I think?

4x8(1).jpg
    4x8.jpg

7. JayW

JayW Big Dog

Tenderfoot from old farrowing crates works great for flooring. If you live in the deep south it works great for the sides as well. It's basically allot like expanded metal but much thicker and it's coated and often self supporting. It is usually sold in 4x8 or 5x10 sheets and can be bought new or used.