1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

About Pet Insurance

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by localdogwalker, Jun 20, 2011.

1. No! A good savings account will pay off much more in the long run

2. Steeldog

Steeldog Big Dog

I have VPI insurance. It's only like $40 bucks a month and I got the good plan. It depends on how you feel about the dog. I wouldn't be willing to pay $2000-$3000 grand on a bet bill if something happened. It would suck to let him go. I have lots of friends that did wish they got it. Pits are the hardiest of all dogs though.

3. bgblok68

bgblok68 CH Dog

To each thier own. I'll have to agree with Boogie on this.

4. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

Depends on who the insurance provider is. I'm offered it through my job and its pretty good coverage wise if you only have 1 or 2 pets but not so good if you have more than 2. The policy offered to me covers damn near everything from vaccines to major surgery for about 22$ a month for one dog. I don't get it though because I have more than 2 dogs so its not cost effective for me. I can vaccinate 25 dogs myself cheaper than my vet will vaccinate one dog. But if you find a good one and have a dog requiring long term treatments it would most definitely be more cost effective to have the insurance.