1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

aadr Belview Show, Who is going?

Discussion in 'Dog Shows & Events' started by Big Game, Apr 28, 2008.

1. JuckingFerk

JuckingFerk Big Dog

Soon as that little bitch slipped her collars she was on her way..LOL.

The wife and I was there both days and took home nothing but a lighter wallet and a slight cold. Maybe at the Saline show we can get some breaks...LOL

Ferk out

2. BullDozer

BullDozer Top Dog

Thanks Dtwo! It was great to meet you again and once again we were reminded why we go - great people and the shared interest in the love of this great breed. Thanks to all we shared this event with once again.

It was great to see soo many friendly faces and good people who regardless of the weather on Sunday would not let anything stand in the way of their passion for this gift we have been given in being blessed with these loving dogs. Well - the wife, kids and I had an amazing experience and were honored for our little Dahlia to be picked as best of show on Sunday.

We ended up with the second in the mill race which we were very happy to receive and it gives me great motivation to continue our work with her. We also entered our little girl in Best Rednose which we took a VERY nice first place trophy home for.

Then came the conf. classes and I was very suprised to see how many dogs were involved given the weather of the day. Amongst many dogs our little Macho Red Dahlia placed first and we were invited to show in best female.

With SOO many beautiful females in the ring - I wasn't sure we had much of a chance, but as anyone there would tell you, Dahlia definately demands a certain amount of attention in the ring with her level of intensity. We took best of female against some of the best looking female dogs I have ever seen. I could hardly believe it when Mr. Hurst handed the trophy to my ace handler (the wife).

I wanted to thank everyone that came up and just mentioned anything that day, from sharing your admiration for our little girl or the kids and making the day a VERY memorable Mothers Day for my wife and kids. We certainly had a blast and were blown away with the amount of satisfaction we felt in the culmination of our work with her.

I have a few pictures I will post from the event in the futue.

Once again thanks!

BullDozer
    J.Breen

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2008
  3. scratchin dog

scratchin dog CH Dog

Congrats! Dahlia is a beautiful dog.

4. JRSPITS

JRSPITS Top Dog

Yea, we made a couple adjustments LOL. Had some holes put in a collar specifically for him-most holes are way too tight or a tad loose. Just for the record he is a very well trained dog and just wanted to prove a point. I would never put an aggressive or untrained dog in the ring with my daughter. I guess from now on we'll have to strangle him in the ring. He's smart enough to know he won't get anywhere if he pulls forward. I can honestly say my daughter learned an important lesson : always double check hardware because mom and dad aren't perfect. It's just too bad that "it was the most humiliating moment" of her life:(.

By the way, did you see the Jr. Handler class on Saturday? I'm glad we weren't entered in that class and surprised that the father, son, dog team weren't asked to leave the ring.

Congrats to everyone else on their wins, lets keep it up in Saline!

5. Dtwo

Dtwo Big Dog

Um - let me guess. . .chunky buckskin female?
    Yeah, kind of missed the whole point of "junior handler".
    Maybe we need an "adult handler" class first?:eek:
    That's when you need ring stewards to do their job.

6. BullDozer

BullDozer Top Dog

Thanks Scratchin dog - I remember seeing your boy Angus run the mill up there in MI last year when Dahlia turned 12 mo and she placed third your boy first but man that boy sure tore up the competition. Thanks to good folks like yourself with the dedication to give us all something to shoot for and maybe set our sights a lil higher. take care.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2008
  7. Congratulations to all that attended. I am sure attending was the best reward. I hope to gather enough strength throught of 2008 to drive 10 hours next year.....watch out!!! lol, j/k.

8. BullDozer

BullDozer Top Dog

- updated some of the pics

9. Big Game

Big Game CH Dog

Man those are some awsome looking bulldogs. Congratts. Hats of to ya. Hope you make the Saline show.