1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

A positive story..

Discussion in 'Pit Bull News' started by LadyRampage, Feb 17, 2005.

1. LadyRampage

LadyRampage Top Dog

Last night on the local OKC news there was a story about a stray pitbull with a positive outcome..

A lady had found this pitbull or pitbull mix and had taken it the the animal shelter in the hopes that it would be adopted out. Once she got her their and almost checked in she was informed that if this dog wasn't claimed within 3 days then she would be put down because they have a no adoption policy for pitbull, or pitbull mixes.. This lady went to the city council complaining that she wasn't told that before she handed over the dog and wanted her back. She told them she would have never taken the dog to the shelter if she thought it would end up being put down just because of its breed. She won the fight, and was granted ownership of the dog!! Apparently this changed some things at the shelter because now they have signs posted about not adopting out pitbulls or pitbull mixes.. I'm just glad that this lady has such a good heart and was able to help this one out!

2. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

Thanks for the story, Lady! We all need to hear things like that.:)

3. LadyRampage

LadyRampage Top Dog

I'm just glad I caught the story..lol I usually don't watch the news, but I submitted a "RANT" for that news channel concerning the BSL bill that is currently being kicked around here in Oklahoma and I'm waiting to have my 10 seconds of fame if they read my letter on the news.. I'll get to hear my name on tv !! lol

I'm hoping enough people wrote in that they will say something about the BSL that they are trying to pass and get more people involved in trying to get is squashed..

4. LadyRampage

LadyRampage Top Dog

BTW, what does everyone think of my new avatar? hehe

[​IMG]

5. TabDogs

TabDogs CH Dog

very good story Lady!! Good to hear one got saved!

6. Jenn

Jenn Top Dog

Thanks for sharing...

PS - your avatar is more horrid than the parrot/lizard/monkey! LMAO :p

7. LadyRampage

LadyRampage Top Dog

[​IMG]
    Now that hurts Jenn.. Laughing at my poor little Moneep.. You've gone an hurt his feelings now I won't be able to get him to eat for a week...

8. Jenn

Jenn Top Dog

OH , BOY AM I SORRY --- I THOUGHT IT WAS ONE OF THOSE DOGMONRAMS... If I would have realized it was a Moneep I would have never made fun... :p

9. GD2

GD2 Top Dog

Great Story I Would Have Done The Same Thing.

10. nappydawg

nappydawg Top Dog

great story i like to see good news about good people

nice avatar by the way