1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

a pitbull so depressed after a failed adoption he just stares at the wall

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Blackpoison, Mar 21, 2016.

1. Blackpoison

Blackpoison CH Dog

2. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

Sad story. I've had to deal with depression in a dog 2 times in 20 years. Same bitch both times. My bitch M.I.A. went through 2 very deep depressions after loosing a litter of pups twice. It's aweful to deal with and while I'm not a very soft hearted person, it totally broke my heart to have to witness the behavior over that time in her life. With the exception of her breathing it was almost like she had no will to live. Didnt want to do anything other than be left alone and anyone who has ever meet that dog would tell you that is nothing like her normal personality. Takes her months to snap out of it. The 2nd time she went through it we decided to pick up my Charlie dog. He was only maybe 9 or 10 weeks old at the time. Having brought him home really made a world of difference to M.I.A.s' behavior. Really turned it around as Charlie gave her what she had been missing in her own litter.