1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

a paper im writing for school its just a rough draft

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by kenitodrake, Jan 24, 2015.

1. Mop Master

Mop Master Yard Boi AKA MopMaster, Gutter Boy & LWG

I didnt say your freinds I said your peers. Facts are facts, unfortunately your the minority in your city.

2. kenitodrake

kenitodrake Big Dog

my peers ? i go to a private school so my peers are well mannered and your talking about something you know nothing about dont ever put me in the same list of what you said

3. BLUE8BULL

BLUE8BULL CH Dog

...don't let anyone shake your chain...kdr...lol...

4. TDK

TDK CH Dog Staff Member

The more posts I see, the more it gives me as food for thought. Being never too old to listen to varied points of view, I believe you should reconsider your subject matter. Stand up for our breed in other, safer ways.

I thought about it, considered all the advice I've read, and I came to the conclusion that I would be fodder for writing about something I had little experience in or with. The risks seem higher than any rewards or benefit. Especially to our dogs. Please reconsider and do your goodwill work for our dogs in other ways. You're not going to come off viably if thoroughly questioned without enough experience to do so. That's a more harm than good situtation.

5. kenitodrake

kenitodrake Big Dog

i guess your right

6. BLUE8BULL

BLUE8BULL CH Dog

..i will give him one thing tdk...he was wise enough to ask for opinions..so..good move...k-dr....

7. ursaminor

ursaminor Top Dog

I would pick another topic. No matter how you paint it or what people put in your mouth here you just not going to get the sympathy you'd get here seasoned dog man or not.

8. ELIAS'PISTOLA

ELIAS'PISTOLA CH Dog

This is a great example of how all threads should go... kens heart is in the right place... Sometimes its hard to relate in words what we feel inside, I think the content here is better than all those cheap petsmart style books written about our dogs... No real advice besides keep the passion burning and research everything you can... Remember with understanding the depths of these dogs doesnt mean you can teach a reluctant listener, Mr.Stratton has fought the good fight for along time and it takes some intelect to do so...

9. Mop Master

Mop Master Yard Boi AKA MopMaster, Gutter Boy & LWG

look kid, quit gettin all defensive & shit... LOL, the WHOLE city of detroit is a piece of shit..... actually its a piece of shit's piece of shit...LOL, when i say your peers im not automatically reffering to you, your friends or your family. im referring to your surroundings, and unfortunately if you are where you say your at, unfortunately...the vast majority of the people in your city are pieces of shit...... big ups to you for not wanting to be involved or considered amongst those folks, thats the firt step to distancing yourself from that way of life, nobody was trying to hurt your feelings.

10. babedulce

babedulce Big Dog

I may be too late to provide some constructive criticism based on some of the posts and your replies but here is my perspective, focused more on your task of writing than on the "social" repercussions of the topic you have chosen to research.

Obviously, the first challenge you face is to refine your research. This will give you a more ample knowledge of your topic and also will help you focus on a specific aspect of the breed. There are plenty of summaries on the APBT throughout the internet, so you may review them so that you may find a reasonable template for your "paper" without incurring into the realm of plagiarism. This seems to be an appropriate approach for your level of expertise with writing.

The most glaring issue that I noticed in your essay is that it has no cohesion. It is all over the place although the main idea seems to be that you want to provide a brief history of the APBT. Perhaps if you utilize the five-paragraph essay formula you may be more successful in both refining your writing skills and focusing on one aspect of the long and complex history of the APBT.

The following is my suggestion. Use it or fashion it to your liking for any for any topic.

In your introduction you explain that you are going to focus on the enigma that the APBT is. You may include some of these controversial perspectives that surround the APBT but when you state your topic sentence this will serve as your main focus for the next three paragraphs, no matter what particular topic you choose. From here all you do is elaborate on the main topic in three paragraphs and finally give your perspective in your concluding paragraph.

For example, take the history of the APBT. In your introduction you state that the history of the APBT is contorversial but that there is a generally accepted history. The breed has its beginnings in Europe. Then the breed's history further developed in the US for about a century. Finally, in today's world, the breed is the subject of controversy due to confusion with other similar but distinct breeds and tissues surrounding its fighting history. Your concluding paragraph shares your point of view and your conclusion about the topic. Simple as that.

What your writing instructor is looking for in your "paper" is the appropriate process that leads to an clear essay with sound structure. Good luck.

11. kenitodrake

kenitodrake Big Dog

I redid the paper i got an A-

12. kenitodrake

kenitodrake Big Dog

...like i said dont ever put me in the list of what you said

13. old goat

old goat CH Dog

good job ken .

14. thecableguy

thecableguy Big Dog

Excellent job young man maintain

15. BLUE8BULL

BLUE8BULL CH Dog

.....good for you k-drake...

16. poorfarmkennels

poorfarmkennels Big Dog

congrats!

Ive got 2 BSC collars for you if can come up with a 8-10 pager on ADD?ADHD.

17. rodeoman069

rodeoman069 Big Dog

Look kid I'm happy u got an A but u can't let everything get to u on here. U wanted to write your paper and u did. U can't make it in this world listening to every one. U got hart kid and a understanding a lot of people your age will never have. Get u some reputable books like Bullyson and Sons, J. Crenshaw, Robert Lemm. Just to name a fue he'll even R. Stratton and get lost in them I mean really get lost in the books. There is a whole deeper concept than just hooking 2 dogs. Like R.Lemm told me" if it was just about watch 2 dogs dance the knight away every one would be winning and I would be broke. LOL"
    Keep up the good work tuffen up and listen. U got a long way to go. If this is the sport u want to be in.

18. kenitodrake

kenitodrake Big Dog

i have a few books by colby

19. Fritz

Fritz Big Dog

Just a few hints from an old guy. Never show a rough draft. They're always a mess. That's why they're called "rough drafts." When you show your best, that's when readers MIGHT give you credit for being a writer of some credibility. Why in the world show your worst writing? It's like asking others to do for you what you're either unable or unwilling to do for yourself -- write it correctly.

Another hint from someone old enough to say this about himself: It's a long time since I was young enough to know everything. It's probably true that most of the older more experienced readers here will know exactly what I mean in saying that. We all or most of us go through it: we start out thinking we know everything about, for example, being a good writer. But then, as years pass and we gain a deeper understanding of life, we begin to understand that we didn't know as much as we thought we did -- and then and ONLY then do we begin to make serious headway toward being the writer we'd like to be.

Some here have, with good reason, warned you against initiating a losing battle against ignorance. I myself, a writer on the breed, once mentioned my dog books on a well-respected site for writers. The result? Several dozen of my fellow "intelligent" writers calling me a "sadistic animal who ought never to have lived." That taught me an important lesson: Stick to my guns but choose my battles carefully.

I'm glad you got that A-minus. You can count that in with whatever other food for thought you've managed to chew up and digest around here.

20. TDK

TDK CH Dog Staff Member

Said perfectly, Maff. Sound, sound advice and if not now, it will later ring a loud bell to this young man.

You may correct me if I'm wrong, Maff, but as I see it, there are people who write well who are not writers. In turn, there are writers who do not write well. I believe your call to perspective for this young fellow, along with some other input on the thread, will end up as excellent food for thought for him and his possible involvement in the dogs and his representation on their behalf. Just a great post.