1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

A little worried

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Bluepit50, Sep 9, 2005.

1. Bluepit50

Bluepit50 Top Dog

This might be a funny question but i'm just a little worried about my female. She's been in heat for a couple weeks now and she's been bleeding now for around 5 days. At first when she was bleeding it was a dark red color, but now yesterday and today it's a dark black color. Is this normal and if so why has it changed to a black color? I hope this is normal, please help, :confused:

2. bam-bam's mom

bam-bam's mom Big Dog

ok i'm no dog expert but i'm a female and that sounds normal to me;) , but i may be totally wrong.

3. Emma

Emma Pup

I'm not an expert too... But when my females were in heat, the blood was red and clear. I know that when black blood comes with the droppings you have to run to the vet. But i don't know if it is the same with heat.

4. rocksteady

rocksteady I'll drink to that..

doesnt sound normal.. usually its red, then turns to a straw color....not black..

5. Bluepit50

Bluepit50 Top Dog

Umm it seems like the actual blood is a black color, i'm confused. Some of it drips red and sometimes its coming out black. Hopefully someone knows why this is :)

6. rocksteady

rocksteady I'll drink to that..

Guess u better be makin a trip to the vet then..