1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

A lil' good 'PR'

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Verderben, Apr 16, 2007.

1. Verderben

Verderben CH Dog

I take my dog Star to work with me alot, and yesterday she had an obedience class. It was a slow day so me and her spent alot of time walking around on the floor. Now Star is a big girl, most people think she is a male, and she has some scars from her previous owners, so she does look a tad intimidating. So we went to class and there is a little poodle in her class that she really likes, so she played with him (on leash) for a few minutes before we got started. Several people walking by stopped and watched and were amazed that the "pit bull" wasn't killing the poodle. I didn't even have to say anything the poodle people jumped in and started telling them how pit bulls arent vicious killing machines. So we started class and about halfway through this idiot with a HUGE American Bulldog is coming down the isle being dragged by his dog. So I am thinking oh great. Star put herself between the poodle and the bulldog and let out just one bark, but that was it she didnt freak or act stupid. So then the guy drug his dog away. We started loose leash walking so I am walking Star around and 3 guys come up to me and are like "eh is dat a pit" . So I am like yeah and he says is it mean. I said no she isn't mean so he petted her, and then is like wow I didn't know they were so nice, and I never knew they came this small. So I talked to him for a few minutes, and told him they should never be mean to people, and that Star is actually too large. And he just kept saying wow I never knew that. So we walked on and ran into an older man and a little girl about 6 or 7 and she petted Star and Star was her usually happy self, and that guy was like wow I always thought all pit bulls were mean. So I explained to him as well that these dogs were never ment to be HA. Then I did run into a DA (dumbass) that was like "eh what kinda pit iz dat" I was like what do you mean. He said is it bluenose bloodline. SO I explained to him Blue is a color not a bloodline but he wasnt hearin it cause his friend breeds blue bloodline. Then later I was back in the office doing paperwork and Star was in the other chair sleepin and a customer who had gone to the bathroom saw her and asked if he could pet her, so I took her out in the hallway and she flopped over for belly rubs, and his wife commented well that puts to rest the myth that they are all vicious. So all in all we had a pretty good day yesterday. :)

This is Star:
    [​IMG]

2. Michele

Michele Guest

Star is adorable......