1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

"A" for effort...

Discussion in 'Pit Bull News' started by Suki, Nov 2, 2005.

1. Suki

Suki Guest

"A" for effort...

WAHOO, Neb. -- An Omaha man's request to build a pit bull hotel in Saunders County has been denied.

David Hibler hoped to build a place that dozens of pit bulls could be housed after they were rescued from Hurricane Katrina, but the proposed kennel drew strong opposition from neighbors.

"I'll be pretty honest. I'm terribly disappointed," Hibler said.

On Tuesday, about a dozen residents pleaded with Saunders County Board members not to issue Hibler a kennel license.
    // Set DC ad position if(typeof dcadposition == 'undefined')dcadposition = 1; else dcadposition++; if (typeof segQS == 'undefined')segQS=''; if (typeof adid == 'undefined')adid='false'; document.write(""); [​IMG] if ((!document.images && navigator.userAgent.indexOf("Mozilla/2.") >= 0) || navigator.userAgent.indexOf("WebTV")>= 0) { document.write(""); document.write("[​IMG]"); } [​IMG]

"This is just going to ruin the whole community," Frank Albrecht said. "Any type of facility is going to have a negative impact on this neighborhood."

The kennel would have been on Hibler's property 20 miles south of Wahoo. The design would have included amenities such as separate rooms for each canine complete with beds, AC and TVs. Hibler said it would be secure.

"I don't know what more I can do to satisfy the question of public safety than having two barriers. First of all, in a locked building, inside another perimeter fence," Hibler said.

Safety is the reason county supervisors gave in unanimously denying Hibler's application.

Hibler said he believes pit bulls deserve good families and good homes.

"Let's educate people about the dogs. There's so much ignorance out there about how the dog should be handled, about how the dog should be treated," Hibler said.

Hibler said he was hoping to get and care for at least 24 pit bulls. For now, though, he's giving up on the project.

Neighbors said they fought Hibler's application because of a conviction in Omaha for harboring dangerous animals and for not restraining a dog.

Copyright 2005 by TheOmahaChannel.com

2. Miles

Miles Big Dog

Re: "A" for effort...

That's it... Where is this neighborhood that opposed the kennel?

I'm about to walk my dog..