1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

9 week old puppy man biter...

Discussion in 'Training & Behavior' started by XHitta, Mar 29, 2014.

1. Dannyb

Dannyb Big Dog

Most likely it's just a puppy figuring it out. You really have to understand a dog's intentions and if it means you harm. By 4-6 months I know if I have something I'm not comfortable keeping in this world. It can also be a slightly retarded, psychotic, excite bite type - that's different from a true man eater.

2. CajunBoulette

CajunBoulette CH Dog

At 9 weeks? Gtfoh to young to tell if he is just teething or curious, at 6 months he still trying that shit then I might agree with you

Sincerely Yours, Cajun

3. Mudville_Monsta

Mudville_Monsta Top Dog

Funny you guys mention the nippers. I have a few in my litter. @ first I didn't like it @ all. All I did was give a stern warning and redirect like said by others. The more hard headed one got snagged by the scruff and tossed away, also mentioned. After spending more one on one time and pups getting more used to me approaching their spots the nipping slowed down. After some talks I find it's a trait that's being passed down from the top side. So far it's the 3rd gen that we can spot it in. Not one have been man biters. So I now feel more comfortable about it all together.

4. Mudville_Monsta

Mudville_Monsta Top Dog

I just noticed we're on page 2 and the guy hasn't even posted again. I know he's seen it as he was on the thread before while I was reading so I guess he got blasted good enough, lol. X another thing I forgot to mention is most dogs I've had teeth from about 4mo old-6mo old. So have something for it to chew on.

Mines were pretty much happy to see me and get excited they go to lick and I get a lil tooth action, but it's not even a bite really, more of a bunt or scrape. lol

5. XHitta

XHitta Pup

I know my pup is still young and teething, but this ain't no playful bites he's throwing. He ain't a threat to me yet but to my kids he is. He bit my sons hand and stayed on it. Same with me as I was trying to put his collar on he bit my hand locked on, pulled, shook, and didn't let go till I opened up his mouth with my other hand. I notice when I pick him up he seems very scared.. I'm willing to take the time to fix this issue I don't wanna get rid of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. XHitta

XHitta Pup

I brought brothers female pit she's about 5 years old not aggressive at all towards pups. She seems to be teaching him a lesson every time he nips at her she does a high pitched bark and puts him in check.

7. treezpitz

treezpitz CH Dog Staff Member

When you say "and didn't let go till I opened up his mouth with my other hand", what did you do before that? Most pups will react to a loud and stern "hey", I do it with a very deep tone in my voice. It get's their attention quick.

8. XHitta

XHitta Pup

Honestly I didn't try the high pitch yell but I did cus like crazy.

9. treezpitz

Deep voice not high pitch, try it, it works.

10. 305APBT

305APBT Big Dog

Do not let your child play with a pup or any animal for that matter unsupervised at arms reach. I also flip my pup on her back when she acts up and growl like a damn alligator or something by her neck. Don't hit or yell as she/he wont understand what they did wrong.

11. old goat

old goat CH Dog

pups are pups and they're going to bite for a little while because they don't know any better and most will do it more if you don';t want them to they will grow out of it . a toy like a plastic bottle will get them to playing with that sometimes but pups are pups .

12. BLUE8BULL

BLUE8BULL CH Dog

... give him a good pinch(it's like a dominant snap it would get off it's mother) and a big no,, till he let's a yelp..he will stop+learn very quick...

13. CajunBoulette

CajunBoulette CH Dog

Mine usually do that when their young, be careful of how you "play" with him too if you use your hands to aggravate him that's why he's biting

Sincerely Yours, Cajun

14. BLUE8BULL

BLUE8BULL CH Dog

...ahhhh,,what the hell, kick him up the ass....lol...lol...

15. XHitta

XHitta Pup

[​IMG] this is a pic of my pup. Thanks you guys for the advice.

16. treezpitz

Good looking pup. You got a ped?

17. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

Nice lookin lil fella

18. the.peon

the.peon Top Dog

Looks like a garner pup to me, lol.

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Tapatalk

19. XHitta

XHitta Pup

Thanks..Yup it's a garner pup. GrCh Ceaser is the sire.

20. Dannyb

Dannyb Big Dog

Nice looking pup. Enjoy!