1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

7 month 47 pound red nose

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by soundtrak00, Jul 10, 2006.

1. I'm a new dog owner and just got a red nose about a month ago. I took her to the vet and got her regular shots. They weighed her and she was 47 pounds. I thought she was a little over weight. Is 47 pounds over weight for a near 8 month red nose female?

2. Patch O' Pits

Patch O' Pits CH Dog

Depends on her body type and height; to tell if she is overweight we'd have to see a picture. There is no "set" weight for an APBT.Though there is a preferred height and weight in the standard

You can look at the dogs in her heritage and get an idea of what her size will be. Though it doesn't work as well if she is from an outcross or is scatterbred.

Hope that helps

3. runt

runt Big Dog

The bloodline will tell the story.Do you have a pedigree?

4. I dont have a pedigree on her? But here a picture. tell me what you think

[​IMG]

5. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

Upload the picture to photbucket,or gofish.com or something, we cannot log into your google mail account to see the pictures ;)

6. Okye

Okye Pup

YES that is over weight. I do not get stuck onthis depends on the body type BS because that is too big for a bitch period point blank. But hey that's just the way I feel about it. I don't own a dog or bitch over 53 lbs fat. Never have and never will.

7. bahamutt99

bahamutt99 CH Dog

2 years old (3 in a few months), and 44 pounds couch-weight. So by my standards, yes, a bit heavy. I prefer my dogs under 50, and at 8 months, yours isn't done growing. But as far as heavy for her build, it'd be easier to tell with a pic.