1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

TN: 65 dogs removed from suspected dog fighting operation

Discussion in 'Pit Bull News' started by Vicki, Nov 25, 2012.

1. ursaminor

ursaminor Top Dog

To be honest I'm actually surprised this dude lasted as long as he has. I mean it's unfortunate how everything went down and all but it is very likely someone called the FD on him. I could care less how he handles his animals personally but at least keep them out of sight, out of mind. How the hell does someone hides 65 dogs is beyond me.

2. FrozenEli

FrozenEli Top Dog

Why the hell should he have to hide his 65 dogs, or even 65,000? Dogs are property, basically nothing more. I'm proud of my one dog, should I hide her?

3. ursaminor

ursaminor Top Dog

Are you really that retarded? How does one having a family pet even comes close to having 65 dogs scattered all over your land? It does not. To think that a 65 dog setup will fly this day and age and to think HSUS folks will go along with it is very naive. As I said, I could care less but if someone can drive by your property and see your stock you doing it wrong. Again I feel for the guy but there are things he could have done to prevent this incident with very little money and effort.

4. Naustroms

Naustroms CH Dog

In his case had more people actually known his situation it would work out better for him. He would have many more witnesses able to come to his aid about what hes doing with the animals and comment on their care. Without it its just the word of some hoarder vs the authorities.

5. ursaminor

ursaminor Top Dog

I completely agree Naus, the place looks like a dump yard. Yes, there is absolutely nothing wrong with it since it's your own property but when it's available for anyone that drives by to see and you throw a bunch of dogs into the equation with signs of neglect people will ask questions concerning their well being and your ability as a caretaker. Either be prepared to deal with that when the time comes or do it behind closed doors.

6. Strip

Strip Pup

Everybody with a YouTube account should post on the video and share your taught the video is on Youtube also. Our voice should be heard dont let it be all one sided. Its under Operation Broke Chain plus they are asking for donations.

7. Strip

Strip Pup

I have been blocked and the other video has been taken down. Let stand up for our dogs. The video is Operation broken Chain on youtube. Post your comment i have been blocked.

8. bestia

bestia Big Dog

that's a shame, some of the best dogs in the world on that yard

9. Vicki

Vicki Administrator Staff Member

[video=youtube;_TMWimRE4dA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TMWimRE4dA[/video]

10. Vicki

Vicki Administrator Staff Member

Charges filed and arrests made in operation broken chain dog fighting case

CHARGES FILED AND ARRESTS MADE IN OPERATION BROKEN CHAIN DOG FIGHTING CASE

Ashland City, TN – Charges were filed and arrests were made today in connection with the November removal of 60 dogs from the property of a suspected dog fighting operation in Cheatham County, TN.

On November 24, 2012 after officials responded to a brush fire at an Ashland City residence Thanksgiving night and discovered a large number of dogs chained around the property and identified dogfighting paraphernalia. International non-profit animal protection organization Animal Rescue Corps (ARC) was called in to assist in the removal and care of the 60 dogs, mostly American Pit Bull Terrier mixes and some Beagles and hound mixes, all requiring medical attention, none with access to food or fresh water.

[​IMG]

A grand jury heard evidence yesterday and decided there was enough evidence for the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation and the Cheatham County Sheriff’s Department to seek arrest warrants. Each of the four men were charged with 60 counts of cruelty to animals, one count of animal fighting, and one count of aggravated cruelty to animals. Avery Bell was also charged with setting fire to personal property and burning without a permit. All four men have been booked into Cheatham County Jail and are being held on $50,000 bond.

“I applaud the decision of the grand jury, the charges that have been filed, and how seriously Cheatham County and the state of Tennessee are taking this case,”said ARC President Scotlund Haisley. “We believe this was the largest dog fighting rescue in Tennessee history so this is certainly a historic case.”

The majority of the dogs have been placed with ARC rescue partners around the country, some of whom are already in adoptive homes. The dogs who have not yet been placed remain in the custody of Cheatham County Animal Control while ARC continues seeking resources for them with partners around North America.

Animal Rescue Corps performed Operation Broken Chain in conjunction with: Cheatham County Animal Control; New Leash on Life, a shelter in Lebanon, TN; PetSmart Charities; Agape Animal Rescue out of Nashville; and the Nashville Zoo. Animal Rescue Corps also acknowledges with appreciation the many rescue groups nationwide who are assisting with the rehabilitation and placement of the dogs from Operation Broken Chain.

CHARGES FILED AND ARRESTS MADE IN OPERATION BROKEN CHAIN DOG FIGHTING CASE | Animal Rescue Corps

11. Youve got that right the scumbags at Hsus n Peta love to kill u can google petakills.com they come n grab the $$$ after they falsely report they did the bust get donations n kill them all they are both frauds.

12. david63

david63 CH Dog

This is why the dogs have a bad reputation because of PETA and the HUMANE SOCIETY F---. I would love to catch them snooping around on my property.

13. better be careful what you wish for , your wish might come true ,lol , the last thing you want is them fuckers near you

14. david63

david63 CH Dog

NO without a search warrant they better not be on the property.

15. slim12

slim12 Super Moderator Staff Member

You watch too much Law and Order. No one needs a search warrant. Anyone can drive up to your house, knock on your door and ask you for directions. If they see a bulldog or anything else they ask you to search, and you say no. They make a phone call and the warrant is on the way. This is not the ideallistic 1940's and 1950's. It is 2013 and the 'man' can get a warrant for anything and can indict a ham sandwich (indict a ham sandwich is on the Law and Order episode airing right now, LOL).
    In NC this weekend to kids were playing in a basement area/house under construction and the dirt walls collapsed killing both kids. While the emergency workers were attempting to save the lives of the children a nosy-ass officer noticed a couple of plants. Called for a warrant while the children's lives were in the balance and he gets busted for pot.
    It takes nothing to get a warrant these days. So like the other guy said, be careful what you wish for. S

16. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

Good luck with that lol them mofo's do what they want....

17. david63

david63 CH Dog

Hardly Law and Order. Search warrant must be in hand and very specific as to what they are looking for and what parts of the property they can search. When they saw the plants, that's what the law calls "in plain sight" and gives them the right to search for more RELATED items.

18. slim12

My point exactly. Where could you put 65 dogs and them not be in plain sight? And search warrants do not have to be in hand. They can be called in and the guy sits there and waits for it to arrive. Anything you do to 'end run' the warrant is probable cause and then it is on after that. It is a sad world that has evolved. There is really no such thing as personal property or privacy laws.. S

19. rallyracer

rallyracer CH Dog

They dont need squat...look what happened with Tant-prime example.

20. slim12

That is my point as well. I don't agree with it and actually I think it sucks. But how things are and how things should be are two entirely different things. I believe what I do at my house is my business as long as I am not hurting another. The law says that as well but it can be bent and swayed to fit the needs of the oppressors. I have lost a lot of faith in our government over the years.