1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

6 month old male on springpole

Discussion in 'Photography, Artwork & Videos' started by mrmspanama, Dec 21, 2009.

1. Come look and leave comments on the vid plz !

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1vlkkc70m0[/ame]

2. p1tbull

p1tbull Big Dog

lol reminds me of mines but mines dont like to let go of them hides.

3. Hides? no raw hide just a rope

4. AGame

AGame CH Dog

u should probably get some hides to attach to the rope for the dog to grab onto that thin rope really isn't good for the dogs teeth

5. Don't like hide that much for my big male I use a tire but for the pups I am just having them get used to the spring pole. The rope is about an inch thick so it's fine for now.

6. ohpitbulls

ohpitbulls CH Dog

Getting started early nice

7. yoel

yoel Big Dog

Good to get em started early if they want to especially. Hows he bred??

8. Boyles. Sire is GOODMANS BULL BOY BOB LOWERY Dame is MORGAN/TREE'S SONADOR aka dreamer

9. ohpitbulls

ohpitbulls CH Dog

Ok some nice dogs in there

10. ohpitbulls

ohpitbulls CH Dog

Looks like a boyles dog forsure

11. For sure and that's our male we have his sister also and she is the one thats in the avatar pic.. This last point show she took 1st 3 times during the weekend and the male took 2 1st and a 2nd but it's not bad for there first show and can't wait to really work them.

12. Preciouspits508

Preciouspits508 Top Dog

Its good to start early on the springpole

13. Flipside

Flipside CH Dog

I would drop the springpole a foot lower so that all 4s are touching the ground!

14. No thanks as long as there back end is on the ground it will be fine..

15. rallyracer

rallyracer CH Dog

STP is correct- you WILL get better results w/ all 4 on the ground.

bit of constructive critisism on the setup- its nice to see a 5/8"+ rope as drop end, but that static rope looks kinda small (video CAN be deceiving) you want a good quality rope w/ a high working load limit. its only as strong as its weakest link.

looks good though

16. thanks for the advice but my dogs have been fine with the back 2 on the ground and yeah I need to upgrade the rope..

17. Tank1

Tank1 Big Dog

You asked what do people think and you shut down every piece of advice. Sounds like you know it all so why do you ask what do people think?

18. How so? Just cuz I like how my dogs turn out with there hind legs on the ground and not using hide? I did say that I do need to upgrade the rope I don't see anything wrong with anything I said don't take this the wrong way.. TANK1 I don't know everything I just try to learn like I said on the other thread that I posted on being new to this fourm...

19. HighCoastHiker

HighCoastHiker Top Dog

Ya know, just because one gets away with doing dumbassed crap, does not mean the crap isn't dumbassed. The "hide" is inappropriate for maintaining good teeth and bite, and the setup is too high for doing anything more than showing off on youtube to people who don't know any better. A springpole set at the proper height, will help work a dog from the tip of its nose to the tip of its tail. The only thing being worked in that video is camera angles and ego. What I see there is a valiant attempt at ruining a pup with heart before it even has a chance to start. Why not be up-front and just say "please leave only comments that agree with what I'm doing, since I'm a perfeshinal."

20. BringBackup

BringBackup Top Dog

great post.