1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

50lb bag of Dog Food

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Envy's Mom, Dec 19, 2006.

1. NCPatchwork

NCPatchwork CH Dog

I hate to beat a dead horse, but after losing a pup to Diamond, i was out..completely.
    I went to SportsMans pride...50 lb bag for 16-20 dollars. Its almost the same as Diamond but without the WHOLE GRAIN CORN, which isn't good for your dog anyway.

2. dog-man

dog-man Big Dog

Buying in bulk would save you a lot of $, i buy Kirklands premium chicken and rice , no corn whatso ever, 40lb $18, works for me.

3. Suki

Suki Guest

well, something to take into consideration, especially if you don't have many dogs and you do buy the big (50lb) bags:

just be sure it hasn't been in the feed store sittin on a shelf for a awhile. It coulda been there for quite sometime without your knowledge, hence, in the process of on its way out. Just remember to check any possible "sell by" dates.

4. dntbh8n

dntbh8n Pup

I feed Nutro Rice and Lamb formula to my pit. A 50lb bag last 2 weeks or so with 2 dogs in the house. Sometimes it doesn't last that long.

5. game_test

game_test Top Dog

yeah, heard it was sh!t. they should call it black poop.

6. purplepig

purplepig CH Dog

Yea, I have been feeding it for a while. I suppose from the comment above it would either be hearsay, or my dogs must look like #%@!, as they are what they eat huh? The fox hounds around here feed it also, and their dogs run all night long at least 3 nights a week.

On a side note, I have started going with some Exceed chicken&Rice to go with it. Not because quality is bad, but because I am trying to cut some cost w/out cutting quality. I feed 1 cup of each /day.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 22, 2006