1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

22 mths never a heat

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by kc bulldogs, Sep 9, 2010.

1. we have a 22mth old bitch who has never had a heat my friend thinks cgd sold us a good ass dog but sterile dog.
    have anyone ever had this happen to them?

2. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

are you sure the dog isnt fixed?

3. I had a Sorrells bitch who didn't go into her first heat till 2 years old. Been regular since.

4. littleblackdog

littleblackdog Big Dog

Some dogs just have silent heats, or she could not be going into heat. You see this in dogs that are tight bred more than crosses. I have one regular heats for 3 years and now she has silent heats. Best thing you can do if you have a good stud dog keep him near her, he will alert you to when she is coming. Second thing, keep a diary and check that bitch everyday for her whole life, if you have a diary even the bitches who have silent heats still have them lots of time regularly though and at least you will have a record. GL

5. outrightmike

outrightmike CH Dog

got one that started at 2 years.only goes in once a year.id wait it out before worring.

6. PurePit19

PurePit19 CH Dog

I had the same issue, my bitch didn't come in Til 2 1/2. You can try two things that do work: 1) give her some geritol from cvs with her food everyday which will trigger some kind of response with reproductive organs.
    2) Put your bitch next to another bitch that is in heat for as long as possible.

Also, if your dog has ever had a serious infection of any kind, then that could also be a reason why she hasn't come in. Females will not come in season if there body is fighting off infection. JMO

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2010
  7. scooter

scooter Big Dog

Yeah don't count out the silent heats.

8. oldslowblue

oldslowblue Big Dog

Sometimes, tight, or inbred females never come in heat.... EVER! May not be the case, lets hope not.

9. darlo

darlo Banned

theres a steriod that the vet can give to bring heat on
    carnt for the the life of me remember what its called something 600

10. moleman

moleman Pup

Can tight or inbreed males be steril?