1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

2007 July 21-22 Pit bull community picnick

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by sedaliapitbulls, Mar 26, 2007.

1. Ok here it is The picnick or however you spell it lol. I want to kindove get an ideal of who all is going.

It is going to be at Tebo Resort Warsaw Missouri July 20-22
    The resort will be available to us after noon on friday.

There is lodging up the road available for rent.

The subject was brought up again so I thought I would put up a refresher and I will do a couple more before the event starts.

there is camping and RV hookups FREE FOR ALL NO COST OBLIGATION TO YOU

Feel free to bring food for the large dinner we will have at the end and begening of each day. I will try to bring as mutch as I can. I am still hoping on that hog to bring for a whole hog cookout

Beach available overlooking the truman dam for public swimming free to visitors at our spot

It is camp group B all to ourselves. Restrooms and showers also available.

There will be a boat with tubing and sking to use provided by Katy motors and Creative Graphics

Also if you sell collars and any other product feel free to bring it to sell aswell There is a shelter you can set up a booth under. also Forgot to mention there is a shelter just incase it rains we can hang out under it.

any other sujjections welcome. If anyone would be interested in an activity comitie please PM me I would like to start one.

2. If i lived close by, I would come, but I'm in Ohio

3. bahamutt99

bahamutt99 CH Dog

So is this a dog-friendly location? I'll have to ask my husband if we can make that or not.

4. yes it is dog friendly but they have to be either kenneled or on a lease at all times. they can't run loose. Must clean up your dog's fecies. They are not aloud on the beach.

5. bahamutt99

bahamutt99 CH Dog

Bummer. I'd want to swim with my dog. Oh well.

6. clutch billups

clutch billups Big Dog

i just map quested it its about 14 hours and 800 miles i honestly thought it was a little farther but hey im not complaining lol [​IMG] a big ol hog roast hey well again clutch and myself will be there i cant wait and hope to see yall there

7. you can swim with you dogs just not at the beach area. you can get to the lake from the camping area you can take your dogs down there and swim. The beach is in another area away from the camping area. Our family has swam many times in the areas away from the beach just off the camp site.

8. No guarantee on the Hog yet. Still have to Catch one :D

9. Marty

Marty Guest

Send a plane after me Lol and I'll come ;)

10. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

I'm still planning on it, if enough other members plan on going. Sounds like a good time.

As I understood it before, we were not bringing dogs...correct?

11. If you buy your own ticket we can pick you up from the airport. or find someone traveling from your way to pick you up and bring you along.

<TABLE class=tborder cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR title="Post 208175" vAlign=top><TD class=alt1 align=middle width=125>14rock</TD><TD class=alt2>I'm still planning on it, if enough other members plan on going. Sounds like a good time.

As I understood it before, we were not bringing dogs...correct?</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

You can Bring you Dogs if you like. There is no Events set up to do with the dogs other then you playing with you dog in the water if you want. Unless someone wants to help set some up.

12. bahamutt99

bahamutt99 CH Dog

Whether or not the dogs were allowed would have a bearing on whether or not I go. Simply, I don't know anybody that I trust 100% to take care of my dog, so she goes with me. I would be bringing a crate, leash and long-line. That's if I can go. Still haven't talked to the ol' man about it.

13. clutch billups

clutch billups Big Dog

i trust nobody with my dog he goes everywhere with me so im with ya on that one ... its just not worth the risk involved to trust someone

14. cpowe

cpowe Pup

what size hog you want? i'd like to go, but it's around my wife's birthday and my sons first birthday so i wont be able to, but i will give a hog to whoever is willing to get it and bring it.

15. BoiBoi

BoiBoi CH Dog

Well i think im still down for the get together, not sure if im bringin the mutt or not. So all my northeast people are we still doing the whole RV car pooling thing or what?

16. Pitbull219

Pitbull219 CH Dog

I think the car pool idea can still be arranged. Think we'll have to get a head count and everyone's locations and plan the best route from there. An RV would be ideal, I haven't looked into the cost yet though.

17. BoiBoi

BoiBoi CH Dog

I guess when it gets closer to the date we can talk and figure everything out

18. pennsooner

pennsooner CH Dog

Its possable we (my wife and I) MIGHT come. If we do we'd bring our dog, he goes everywhere with us. It would be nice to go through St. Louis and get some Ted Drews frozen custard (the best frozen treat ever)

19. I try to avoid st louis as mutch as possible. lol

20. bahamutt99

bahamutt99 CH Dog

St. Louis. Del Taco. Dave and Buster's. White Castle. Jack-in-the-Box. Man, all the good eats I miss being down here. But we do have Braums, so I guess I'll survive.