1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

2 weeks until confirm show, can I bring out more?

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by JRB2003, Jan 5, 2011.

1. JRB2003

JRB2003 Pup

Onyx is a 10mo sbt. I do show confirm him for fun rventhough he isn't what judges look for. I would like to get a ch title and spooky focus on working jobs. Onyx can take some grueling workouts without it breaking his first wind.

Now to the reason I am asking the question..I was feeding him 8oz raw daily but in the winter he was metabolizing his food faster than I had thought. So I added 2oz more raw and chicken liver cubes. He is 29lbs in this pic and is around 30.5lbs atm. He still has the same appearance. With 2 weeks out can I refine his appearance anymore and keep him still a hard working dog without bothering anything

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2011
  2. Irish Pitbull

Irish Pitbull Top Dog

Can you post a pic of him now? and by 'bring him out more' do you mean have better defined muscles?

3. MCS

MCS CH Dog

How do you work him? What methods? Is he an outdoor dog or inside?

He is a good looking dog.

4. JRB2003

JRB2003 Pup

That pic was taken about 2 weeks ago. Yes I did mean bring out more definition and muscle fibers

He does Alot of stair sprints spring pole flit pole tug light weight dragging. He is a indoor dog

5. prpitdawg

prpitdawg Top Dog

He is a young dog. I never put much into mine until they were more mature. Nice looking animal though.

6. PurePit19

PurePit19 CH Dog

Very nice looking dog!!

7. tamthebam

tamthebam Big Dog

No offence but in my opinion he is to young to fully condition.

8. Jeep/Redboy

Jeep/Redboy Big Dog

I don't think he is necessarily too young to work, but I don't think you are going to see his best results yet and you can't work him like a full grown dog. I think he is a damn good looking dog though, don't know why the judges wouldn't be interested. How is he bred? I think if he was older you would see more muscle through what you are already doing, but I am sure that some folks on here can help fine tune your workouts. You're new on here, so just watch who you listen to. There are plenty of shady characters and full blown idiots on here who like nothing more than to fuck with new guys. They think your number of posts reflects your level of experience in the dogs.

9. JRB2003

JRB2003 Pup

I don't understand what you meant by how he was bread. More performance and agility than confirm. He does have many ch/gr ch in confirm. Most titles are outside the ring

He is by far the leanest and lightest than the rest of the field. Their muzzles are short and chests are bulldog types and vary bulky but not defined. Onyx is as he shows above. No extra weight anywhere slightly longer muzzle. His body lines are where they need to be

He is by far more terrier than bulldog looking. And as most ppl know they think bigg er is better even if it means looking past what dog meets the standard the best. I expect to get slot of crap at shows because he dosent fit the image of the rest. So I will keep at it while I bust is quarters to get other titles

10. Jeep/Redboy

Jeep/Redboy Big Dog

I meant, what is his bloodline? Who are his sire and dam and what are some of the names in their peds? He looks different than the rest because he is gamebred. People are going to look at you funny because their dogs were bred to be ornaments or arm candy, something to make them feel better about their own shortcomings. I agree it is crap that confirmation judges ignore the standard and justify these fake bulldogs. Why have a standard if dogs outside the standard are winning the shows? If somebody says something to you about your dog, just laugh at them and let them stay ignorant. No need to explain, they are happy with their dogs and they wouldn't listen anyways. Either way, I urge you to keep doing your shows-even if you lose- they are a great way to build a relationship with your dog and keep him in shape. That is a great looking dog and you are lucky to own him.

On another note, you seem knew to gamebred Pit Bulls. If I am wrong, please correct me. I just say that based on you not knowing what I meant when I asked how he was bred. It's obvious you aren't new to dogs though. If you are new to Pit Bulls, do your research and ask questions because that dog is a pup right now but that won't last long. You have a gamebred dog and there are certain things you can and can't do with him.

11. Jeep/Redboy

Jeep/Redboy Big Dog

Oh yea, in your original post you referred to him as a SBT, which to me means Staffordshire Bull Terrier. IMO, that is a gamebred American Pit Bull Terrier. I would say that the CH and GrCH in his pedigree are a looooong ways from any type of show ring.

12. nobody

nobody Banned

10 months old ???
    And already you worry about bringing him to a show because you want a CH title and stil al i hear is ' he look's like ' :rolleyes:.

13. JRB2003

JRB2003 Pup

yes you are correct i am ver new to the gamebred dog. i have heard from confirm ppl that he dosent fit the show bill, but fits a gamebred/working dog. i am happy with him no doubt. his grandparents were confirm dogs only. beyond that they were all titled dogs in fields outside the show ring. i will get some names and pm them to you. you said there are some things i can do and cant do, can you give me a heads?

i know i would like to get him a ch title. if it dosent happen then its not meant to be. i will find a game he dosent have to worry about judges, but to just go and do it.

14. JRB2003

JRB2003 Pup

this will be his second show. i have taken him to 4 other shows just to be around the atmosphere.

15. Khanfueshus says there is only so much one can bring out of a dog especially a 10month old pup lol.