1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

2 studs, one litter?

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by cheese, Aug 1, 2006.

1. Hoyden

Hoyden Top Dog

It's happened here in Connecticut. A pitbull bitch and a coyote.

She had just been bred, and the owners had her outside in a 6 ft. high dog run and a coyote jumped in. They had hoped that the first breeding had taken, but were surprised when the puppies were born. They were REALLY furry.

They opted to put the entire litter down.

2. misterdogman

misterdogman CH Dog

Thats good I heard if a coyote makes a domestic dog pregnant it makes aggressive dogs no matter the bitches temperment...It makes sense since coyotes are wild and probaly pass a dominant aggression gene...thats one for the experts...

3. Attila

Attila Guest

I don't like coyotes. They will kill all my chickens just to take a few. Wasteful. So I shoot them and feed them to the buzzards. Buzzards are a protected animal and I am making sure they eat well.

4. MoPulldogs

MoPulldogs Big Dog

It is becoming a more common practice now. You have both stud dogs and the bitch DNA profiled. Then when the pups are born profile the pups to see which pup belongs to which stud. I know of several folks that have done it. That way you save wear and tear on the bitch and can see which stud dog will produce better with that bitch. Also, you aren't wasting a breeding on a good bitch with say a stud that dosen't have a great sperm count, a two-fer so to speak.

5. i wouldnt go as far as to say alot....... some maybe ,, some probably the people really know but dont want to sacrifice the litter as if you do know the paper work would be void and some registries require a pure litter after that one that wont be registered before accepting the next litter that isnt of doubt.. some byb would just pass them off as a nice variety from the same mom and dad they would just pick the best looking father or the one the pups look most like... not getting over on anyone to pass off bottom quality dogs with breeder name on them ,,,, the name would be dirt in the community and in some places ....get you shot too.. does happen tho... glad you got your answers ....

6. hahahaha, for that to happen it must have been a train reck. Thanks for the laugh Mister. hahahaha. too funny.

7. chrisgr212

chrisgr212 Big Dog

yes it happens with dogs, and cats

8. jeeperino

jeeperino CH Dog

Here is one for ya guys.

Could a Hyena and a domestic dog mate? I always wondered that.

I found out the answer...NO.....A hyena is a seperate biological family. More closely related to a mongoose.

I guess I can only dream about that outcross into a hyena. LOL Probaly make for some pretty bad manbiters anyway. Just Imagine the possibilities of mating into an animal with upwards of 800 lbs psi jaw pressure.

I'll stop with the ignorance now. LOL Dont bash me LOL

look at this!!!![​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2006
  9. misterdogman

misterdogman CH Dog

yeah its been here before...
    look I even found it for ya...read about Hyenas...
    http://www.game-dog.com/forums/showthread.php?p=58504#post58504