1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

2 sires same gyp

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by short1, May 30, 2016.

1. short1

short1 Big Dog

Ok I have a few questions on what people think I did a breeding to my gyp hammonds ruf trinity( I'd 320036) to maxeys chibbs (I'd 486537 )and maxeys stringbean
    id392071) I plan on doing a DNA test on pups to see what the out come is both male dogs come of our dogs we sold to bdb ch butterbean and ch tank and I'm very curious as to see how the pups ten out as far as which dog produces better with them having the same mom and the a raising the exact same kind of an experiment no dogs will be sold just a test to see if raised the same same mom wl make a difference in how pupa act what's people's thou#hts?

2. ELIAS'PISTOLA

ELIAS'PISTOLA CH Dog

Before DNA,,, I have heard of old timers breeding two males to the same gyp,,, as they sometimes did with other performance animals
    and even farm animals for a multitude of reasons...

the female is old and/ or they might only be able to get a litter out of her...
    and or one of the males is old an might be sterile so they also breed a younger stud to suure offspring...
    maybe breed two brothers and hope one produces...
    or fertilize more eggs etc...

with the brothers you know the ped or breed with in a tight family looking for it to click,,,
    with others they would guess on everything from looks to ability which is a good guess sometimes but nothing as sure as DNA...

A good idea might be to breed the two studs to one gyp and raise them to see if you want to take them to the next level,,,
    as far as maybe taking to a show or pulling contest and if you might want of breed them,,,
    maybe then pay the money to dna test all those dogs...

the benefits one stud might click and you can cut out the time and amount of breedings to find what you are looking for and repeat...
    the bad thing is that some sperm impregnate some eggs and if your lucky the right ones find each other,,,
    with two different studs the less chance of ones sperm find the right egg if they are sharing meaning
    if there is eight from one stud and three or four are what you are looking for the chances are cut in half to get those there or four...

I have heard of great breedings that were repeated with out the similar results and believe more of the right
    semen finding the right eggs as much as the breeding just clicking...

One thing is fore sure all breedings are a gamble if you are breeding for the right thing...

3. Red Cemtre

Red Cemtre Big Dog

I don't think this is a fair test on either stud. Too many chance elements involved. You would've better off one litter each stud. Say your bitch has 8 pups and purely by chance stud A fertilises 5 eggs and stud B fertilises 3 eggs. Both studs may produce one good match dog (purely for arguments sake) however stud B has a better ratio (1 out of 3) which may lead you to bred to stud B. However when bred to stud B, your bitch may only produce one good match dog out of 10, while stud A would've produced 2 good match dogs out of 10 (1 in 5). Also, one of the pups from stud B in the first litter may be the runt or may have some birthing issue leading to death, further affecting stud B's ability to show his actual producing ability. A bit long winded but I think you can understand my point

ELIAS'PISTOLA likes this.