1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

2 show/not 2 show

Discussion in 'Dog Shows & Events' started by JohnsonKennels, Jun 30, 2005.

1. JohnsonKennels

JohnsonKennels Big Dog

Can anyone tell me does she look like she could stand a chance in a show ring? she in at about 55lbs. and stands at about the knees.

[​IMG][​IMG]

2. misterdogman

misterdogman CH Dog

Depends on the Judges likes and dislikes ...same dog could get 100 with 1 judge and 85 with another...

3. CB

CB CH Dog

She is a beautiful dog.

4. PADogman

PADogman Top Dog

Nice looking dog.Good luck if you do decide to show her.

5. nappydawg

nappydawg Top Dog

just try it all up to the judges

6. Saiyagin

Saiyagin Guest

It depends on what show your in. HEHEHEHE

7. JohnsonKennels

JohnsonKennels Big Dog

thanks to all that answered. I think I'm gonna enter the benifit show for the little boy in Moore OK.

8. rocksteady

rocksteady I'll drink to that..

It never hurts to try! Just remember you're doing it to have fun ..whether your dog gets a ribbon or not. What one judge likes, another may not. And if you don't do well in one show, its great for experience and to learn what to do for the next show!

Good luck! A fun show or Benefit show is a great place to start! (and most judges, at the end of the class, or as soon as they have a break, will gladly go over your dogs strong and weak points, etc for a minute)

9. twiztidpitz

twiztidpitz Top Dog

I think she would do great no matter what, but I bet if she was conditioned just a little bit, she would do awsome!

10. If showing in UKC shows,the best thing about it is they don't allow professional handlers... so it's strictly your dog. Better chances and no politics!!! Go for it!

11. RIVES PITS

RIVES PITS Top Dog

I Agree Don't Think Just Do The Dog Might Be A Natural At Conformation

12. Aurora

Aurora Pup

Your bitch has very nice conformation . Deep in the heart , nice over the top line and decent in the back leg . Put some serious effort into conditioning and she'll get her points . I've won a lot with a bitch that wasn't as good . Good luck

13. the_flamingo

the_flamingo Top Dog

There is no confirmation at the benefit show. It is a weight pull only event. We want to avoid the "spicyness" that is in the show ring, due to the fact that several people are going to be there including legislatures. You and your dog are welcome to come out though as long as she isn't dog aggresive either. We are trying to avoid anything that may look bad to some.

14. JohnsonKennels

JohnsonKennels Big Dog

My bad i guess i missunderstood your earlier reply, but thats ok. I wish she knew about pulling, the only thing she pulls is my arm out of socket when i walk her. Very hard pull cause of her low stance. When is the benifit again, and 2nd is the 89ers a pull only club, and what if she isn't adba, she is apbr?

again thinks for the replies

15. MR PITS

MR PITS Big Dog

She is a nice looking dog. Go on ahead and enter her.