1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

2 fighting dogs at Dulles shot to death

Discussion in 'Pit Bull News' started by Nell_Bell, Dec 11, 2009.

1. mydawgs

mydawgs CH Dog

I think had the officers been k-9s they could have had more experience to draw on to end the disturbance in a non lethal way. I think the officers had a different priority and that was to end the conflict with no humans being injured and to them it was just two dogs, right or wrong.

It is unfair to classify all people of a certain profession as "bad"....they are people like you and I...some have more compassion than others, especially compassion for animals.

2. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

magnoil: Thankless is one thing, but to have a bunch of snarky wankers down the profession & then have 99.99% of them then turn to us for help when their car is stolen, house broken into, kid snatched or wife is raped is a slap in the face. If they hate cops so much, don't bother to call is what I think.

As for me, I didn't get into it for the money. That's why I'm not in it now. I got into it to be a K9 handler so I could work with & train dogs. I wasn't selected in the end, but it was a stroke of luck b/c ...

1: MWDs are usually crazy as %^$#@ & will bite their handler as quick as they'd bite a perp.

2: I still got the experience by doing volunteer work w/ my K9 units, so I got the experience but didn't have to risk the bites or do the chores. So it worked out. lol.

As for LE & the dogs, they've been connected from jump street. I think the first matches were reported in a mag called "The Police Gazette" & several good dogmen were either in LE. But we're all evil, satanic henchmen right? :rolleyes:

But it is good to hear not everyone hates LE. And I agree some people do work harder for less but the number is not many & the number who risk their lives on a daily basis for what they get paid (or less) is fewer still.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2010
  3. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

venom: Actually, I'm not an ex-fed, but an ex-federal POLICE OFFICER thank you. Get it right. lol.

And yes, they're trained, but guess who they're trained by...? You guessed it ASPCA, HSUS, etc. So unless an officer has their own experience with APBTs, they don't know anything but the crazy hype the gov't puts out.

And while officers ARE trained, you still get some "goof troops" out there who do silly things. But out of the millions of interactions the PD has w/ the public each year, we can count maybe a handful of erroneous incidents. I think those are pretty good odds.

As for defending each other & hiding behind the badge that is one of the biggest fricking jokes I have ever heard. I have seen WAY more cops go down - usually at the hands of fellow officers - then I have seen saved or hidden. Do cover-ups occur? Sure. In some places they do. But way more officers go down in flames then are covered up for & this is coming directly from someone who has seen the underbelly of the beast close up & personal & not some whos-it looking from the outside in.

And I do not know if your comment about DA was directed at me, but I have never put down a dog for DA. I prefer my dogs have the drive to do what they were meant to do. But that is just me.

4. venom

venom Top Dog

No, the comment about DA was to the person who said they would put their dog down and hope any dog who is DA gets put down also.

I have an opinion about law enforcement and wouldn't call them if my life depended on it. I live in southwest detroit and believe me... people aren't calling the cops like you say they are.. at least not in my neck of the woods. And everything i said was true to experience, so it's not wrong but maybe a bit of a generalization... but who cares. That's what the police do anyways, generlize, stereotype, profile, etc. Cops hide behind the badge and protect themselves from the law on the regular... if that wasn't the case there would be a lot more police officers serving time for shooting unarmed citizens. Chicago PD is just one force that shoots unarmed citizens on the regular... prosecutions? Nope. Detroit PD has been a bunch of crooks since the begining, recently being exposed when the chief of police shot and killed a stripper and was only RELIEVED OF DUTY. All this talk about strapping on a gun to and risking their lives, i think i'm risking my life going out side my home with all this swine being so trigger happy.

5. tony413

tony413 Big Dog

my friend was there for that and taped the whole incident. the lie from the cop was that he just got back from a deployment in Iraq, my answer was I DONT GIVE A FU*K if you came back from hell you shoot an UNARMED CHILD