1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

2 fighting dogs at Dulles shot to death

Discussion in 'Pit Bull News' started by Nell_Bell, Dec 11, 2009.

1. junkyard

junkyard CH Dog

tony i couldnt give a rats with your high horse anatomy, you obviously love yourself and your education more than any real knowledge for the dogs.
    you simply have taken the first thing anyone who owns one of these dogs should learn and ignored it.
    the funny thing is what you have failed to realise is that with all your dog training mumbo jumbo you have aknowledged one thing about these dogs and then forgotton it in an instant.
    These dogs are smart.
    one day , your dog will see that tase in your hands and remember all the negative shit that happens when you have it in your hand and you will be attacked or bitten at the very least.
    they may not be humans but they do remember who and how they were hurt.
    and if i had been tased by you and saw a chance of doing it again i would stick it so far up your arse it would shock your tongue.

2. tony413

tony413 Big Dog

unless my dog kills me in my sleep, i doubt im going to have any problems, the taser gives me 15ft and the .40 S&W riding on my hip give me 300ft an travels at a speed of 1100 ft per sec.

my dogs do not have any problems past or present an they dont really do anything for me to used the taser, but its around JUST IN CASE, exactly like how the .40S&W is around for varmints of the 2 leg variety.

3. tony413

tony413 Big Dog

different strokes for different folks i havent once knocked anyone for using the breaking stick but for some reason i get bashed for using a taser. both objectives appearantly get the job done which is to break up a fight (sorry if i dont want to stick my hand near a fighting dogs mouth).

4. labulldoger

labulldoger Top Dog

thet had there mace right? thats why barney fife was only allowed one bullet... lol

5. Mama2

Mama2 Pup

+1

6. wardogkennels

wardogkennels Top Dog

I do think if your are going to be in the job of flying and caring for dogs then you should be trained to deal with a situation like this. Even if a fight breaks out between 2 dogs at the humane society they won't resort to gun fire.

7. mydawgs

mydawgs CH Dog

I think the POs did what they did because the priority at an airport is the safety of the people, to the police the dogs are just cargo...right or wrong. Most street cops are not "handler" trained...so I would not expect them to know how to seperate two fighting PBs....

My question would be who the hell sent highly driven, athletic dogs in containers that could be compramised by the dog chewing on it.:eek:

8. easyboss

easyboss Big Dog

correct - cops r stupid.

9. tony413

tony413 Big Dog

doesnt the humane society kill all of the game dogs they recieve because they dont want to risk reintroducing them back into society?

10. wardogkennels

wardogkennels Top Dog

Yeah, they do but i saw on animal planet detroit I think 2 pits got into a serious scrap and they got them seperated somehow. They didn't show how they seperated them but i know it wasn't with a gun. They said on the show that the dog was later put to sleep because of his animal aggression. My point was just that if they can get them seperated why can't someone else with out using a gun.

11. magnoilaotis

magnoilaotis Top Dog

The reason they shot the dogs is because most cops are scared shitless of bulldogs.

12. mydawgs

mydawgs CH Dog

You make several valid points, I particularly agree with the integrity of a shipping device for a strong dog. Being shipped amps them even more. If you know the breed then you secure them properly, it is the responsibility of the "shipper" to do this well.

I will take issue with saying these dogs cannot be good pets. Any working dog can make a good pet, if a) you know what you have, b) the dog is trained properly, d) you have CONTROL over your dog at all times and c) most importantly you provide the proper outlet for the "energy" of a working dog.

Violate any of these "musts" and you will have a problem if you plan to own a high energy working dog of any breed. Those that are not up to the job of providing responsible ownership of a working dog as a pet should get a dog that is not as high maintenance.

13. wardogkennels

wardogkennels Top Dog

14. mydawgs

mydawgs CH Dog

15. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

I will agree most cops are scared shytless of bulldogs. Think of how many vicious bulldogs they or their buddies have faced down while arresting scuzzballs at dope houses. If you didn't know bulldogs & every bulldog you ever encountered tried to eat you slap up, don't you think you'd be a little leery of them? And this goes double considering all the HSUS/PETA myths about locking jaws & the like they've been told.

I also agree there are bad cops out there. Some may indeed steal or sling dope. But it's likely b/c their pay is bordering on the poverty line. When I got out of the USAF, both the SD & the Dept. of Corrections called my husband & I to try to hire us. The SD was paying $26,000 yearly & the Dept of Corrections offered $8.00 p/h (both before taxes). This is absolute chump change to strap on a gun & risk your life daily! When we questioned them about this they said we "could earn more by working unlimited overtime." How nice. Barely pay you to risk your life, then put you in a situation where you have to work like a gov't mule just to make ends meet. Needless to say, we told them they could take a hike. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I am pretty sure this isn't an isolated incident. Law enforcement has never been known to be a high paying profession anywhere & I have no doubt some officers will fall into the lure illicit activities to make some extra money for their families. I mean seriously - which would you rather do? Work 16 hour days 6-7 days a week to scratch by & never see your family or work 8 hour days 5 days a week, sell a little weed & live fairly well & actually get to spend time with your wife & kids? Now I am not saying this to condone it, but I am saying this to give you all insight on the mindset of some of these people who may be doing it.

Furthermore, just b/c some do it doesn't mean all do it. Saying all cops are bad b/c a few cops engage in illicit activities is just as ignorant as those hater out there who say all APBT owners are bad b/c of what Mike Vick & doofuses like him have done.

As for those owners who scorn DA in our breed & even go so far as to punish it, I say get a gold fish. Heck, even hamsters will fight & kill one another. Animal on animal violence is a fact of life, esp. in a breed who was bred for canine combat. The best thing for anyone who cannot accept the breed for what it is to please place your dog with a person who will appreciate it, get out of mammals of any kind & get you a nice aquarium set-up.

JMHO ...

16. mydawgs

mydawgs CH Dog

YES! A great perspective of one that has been there and done that and knows these dawgs! U go gurl!!!!!

17. tony413

tony413 Big Dog

just some figures from my area.

my local PD starts out at around $40,000 and the shriffs dept starts out around $38,000. also the shifts are majority 12 hours straight. you usually only work about 13-17 days a month which is nice.

18. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

Boy, it's not like that around here. The SD pays you chump change & works on minimum manning virtually all the time. They work all holidays & most weekends. They're expected to work their regular shift then they're expected to do overtime at all the school ball games - football & basketball games for all middle & high schools & then city league baseball games. They also have to work security at some of the factories & they take care of AC duties for the entire county here as well. City PD of course has to work their shifts in addition to any events like any street festivals & work traffic for parades & the like.

I guess it wouldn't be so bad if they actually paid you well, but around here they pay you the minimum & work you the maximum. IMO the highest paid people should be law enforcement (to include 911 dispatch), fire fighters, teachers, school security officers & EMTs/paramedics (I don't know what EMTs make but if it's not good money it should be). But sadly that is not often the case. :(

19. magnoilaotis

magnoilaotis Top Dog

Most of us don't think all cops are bad. Hell I would have love to have Norman hooten before he was driven to a early grave by the law. It's a thankless job, but save your complaints. Find something else to do if it is that bad. People work alot harder for even less.

20. venom

venom Top Dog

Holy smokes! An ex-fed defending police officers, you wouldn't say! Cops, "scared shitless" of bulldogs. Aren't you guys trained professionals? What, did they panic and shoot the dogs like that officer panicked and shot that unarmed man, when he was face down at the bart station last year in california? Maybe those officers thought they were "reaching for their taser" too and accidently shot the dogs to difuse the situation ;) Cops definitely aren't that dumb, they're smart enough to defend eachother and hide behind the blue shield to avoid prosecution. It does take a bit of courage to be a police officer, agreed. A lot of police officers are power addicts and control freaks anyways... so the danger is a small price to pay to do what they love, controlling other people.

And i can only laugh at the comment of putting down dog agressive pitbulls. I don't think a game dog site is appropriate for you lol That's like buying a cow and shooting it for eating your grass.