1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

1yr old. How much more growing / filling out to expect?

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Maritimer, Feb 27, 2017.

1. Maritimer

Maritimer Big Dog

Just looking for some insight. He's currently around 50lbs @1yr. What difference will I see in him, given another year?

2. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

Probably not too much. May fill out a few more lbs but won't get much longer or taller after a year.

Maritimer and pitbulld0gs like this.
  3. promoe

promoe Top Dog

I agree^ they usually just turn into men. LOL kind of a funny analogy..look at at Kobe Bryant at 17-18 or whatever he was when went into the NBA then look at him at 25 and then at 32.

Maritimer likes this.
  4. Maritimer

Maritimer Big Dog

Haha, that's a unique comparison. It's good to know he's likely close to his adult weight. His old man was around 55lbs, and I was hoping for something similar with him.

To me he's still got the look of a puppy a little bit, compared to other adult dogs in his bloodline.

5. Box Bulldog

Box Bulldog Top Dog

Depends on the dog but most would be pretty much full grown at 1 year. Maybe gain a pound or two. I have seen dogs that were 90% grown at 6 months.

6. c_note

c_note CH Dog

At a yr old he is still a pup imo

ohav4, DISCOIII, Maritimer and 2 others like this.
  7. All my dogs added muscle/width up to about 1.5 years old. My "guess", is he'll still add a few pounds with maturity.

Maritimer likes this.
  8. pitbulld0gs

pitbulld0gs Top Dog Staff Member

Im with Slim, at 1yr, still a pup which explains why you still see the puppy-ish features. As AGK stated, they usually stop growing taller and longer around a year old. My female just now stopped maturing (shoulders, chest, rear ect.) and she is 2yrs and a couple months.

Maritimer likes this.
  9. Maritimer

Maritimer Big Dog

Right on, thanks for the info guys. I'm happy with his height and weight at 1 year. year. He looks a lot like his father right now. Gr Ch Caesar has the beautiful round perfectly proportioned head. Hoping this guys head will fill out a bit more over the next

10. Maritimer

Maritimer Big Dog

Over the next year or so.

11. pitbulld0gs

pitbulld0gs Top Dog Staff Member

He looks like he popped pretty good, i would look for a little more size in muscle and width.

Maritimer likes this.