1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

1st time question

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by AncientKulcha, Apr 15, 2009.

1. AncientKulcha

AncientKulcha Big Dog

So i been at dogs for about 5-7 years on my own and i've conditioned 4 working dogs but this is a first for me. I got a boy that has a regular bowel movement which is immediately followed by blood. He was doing great and he is almost at the end of his keep. A third of the way through the keep i added weight then took it off for a few weeks. I put the weight back on him to take it up a notch at the end and that same day the blood started. I figured take the weight off and a couple days rest should fix it but i'm still seeing a little blood. He acts fine and all, i just don't wanna waste a vet visit if it's gonna be a rest and water cure. He has a vet appt scheduled for 2 weeks should i just wait it out or do i need to drop everything and go now? :confused:

2. Bigu1

Bigu1 Pup

If you already have a vet appointment I would try to reschedule it and move it up... Would you see the Doc if blood was in your stool? And also how long has it been going on for?

3. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

Next dog you work a keep take em to the vet before you even start. things like this can be preventable if you use common scence. a few weeks in to it you all ready haveing problems i hope you have your # ready

4. dragonpit

dragonpit Big Dog

What food are you feeding?

5. sadieblues

sadieblues CH Dog

the dog could have parasites that can cause bleeding sometimes parasites can be microscopic so you may not know that your dog has them .. The vet will prob do a fecal exam and make sure the dog does not have parasites. The dog def needs to go to the vet if there is blood in or after a stool. You should def get that checked out.

6. AncientKulcha

AncientKulcha Big Dog

Today is day 3 but no blood at all

7. AncientKulcha

AncientKulcha Big Dog

He's been to the vet 3 times in the last 3 months and the first one was before the keep. Did you even read the post? He's at the end his keep. Anyone who isn't at least going to read my post shouldn't respond :rolleyes:

8. AncientKulcha

AncientKulcha Big Dog

He's on a raw diet thats been cleared with my vet.

9. AncientKulcha

AncientKulcha Big Dog

I wormed him before like usual but maybe he picked up something. Thanks He's going to the vet at 6.

10. rallyracer

rallyracer CH Dog

fyi- your original post mentions nothing about vet visits before the keep started, only that you have one scheduled for 2 weeks from now.

11. AncientKulcha

AncientKulcha Big Dog

True but they said i just started the keep and already having problems..... that's what i was refering to.