1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

18+ only

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Mr.lee, Nov 10, 2008.

1. Mr.lee

Mr.lee Big Dog

2. BostonBully

BostonBully Top Dog

Time and effort to fight online isn't worth it.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2008
  3. chinasmom

chinasmom CH Dog

I thought it was a very good documentary. What is portrayed as happening there is totally different than what happens here. These people are into dogfighting big time and are making a living at it. The people we see on our local news are just people who are trying to make a living by showing their dogs. But to the po-po, owning a treadmill means dogfighting because of the way "thugs" and pro's do it and have done it. They don't want to believe that since the laws were put into place that people are now pointing that drive and energy towards a more civilized game.

4. dannyboy

dannyboy Big Dog

the problem here is the shit stock they use....anything that looks remotely like a pitbull....they breed from...and god knows what has gone into the makeup...(99% OF THE DOGS ARE NOT PURE) And then you have the idiots that keep them:confused:Saying that there was a few dogmen who saw $ signs, and sold on dogs to these little idiots, so theres a few people at fault.
    Dan

5. Rickf3

Rickf3 Big Dog

Horrible sets of circumstanses all lined up.

But do other breeds ever make the news for killing someone? We had a lab kill a baby around here a couple of years ago, never made national news, only local news.

6. BostonBully

BostonBully Top Dog

Time and Effort to fight online isn't worth it.

7. For the life of me i wanted to ignore your two posts in this thread. Unfortunately, your BOLD statement below was too much to overlook.

Sounds like you are new to the breed and your knowledge of them originated from HSUS pamphlets and their sister sites.

Dogs are NOT made to fight. The dogs are naturally dog aggressive and WILL fight eagerly IF we do not take precautions. An APBT who is NOT animal aggressive is a cull and should never be bred. A dog who shows aggression toward humans is also a cull and for the most part should not be bred.

Bad breeding? LMFAO...do you mean inbreeding and linebreeding to mean bad breeding? These methods of human selection are widely used in many working breeds of animals. An inbred dog does not necessarily mean "vicious" or "reckless". An inbred dog is usually much more predictable than a "naturally" bred animal. "bad care" Since that sentence was part of the dog fighting words...do you mean that to be "bad care"? If that is so, do you mean to equate a fighting dog to a human biter? I have met many inbred, game-bred, game (fighting) dogs and none with the exception of two undersocialized were close to man biters.....in fact, they seem "deprived of love" 24/7 just by the way they greet you each and every time. These game dogs show SOOOOO much love is incredible. They will lick the cheek off from so much loving.

Fighting dogs has nothing to do with BSL. People who want BSL want it because of human attacks NOT dog-dog fights. Dog matching has been going on for hundreds of years. The nature of the breed DEMANDS that they be human friendly. Only through human intervention via teaching or breeding bad dogs do we get human attacks by "pit bulls". The ban wagon has been going on for decades and includes dogs such as the German Shepperd dog, Doberman Pintcher, Rottweillers, and today our breed. All of these breeds were and are on the risk of being banned because their so-called potential danger. Dog fighting has ZERO to do with BSL. Will the proponents of BSL use it as an additional insentive?...sure but that is not what drives their cause.

About the notion that streets kids/young folk own pit bulls as status symbol......i think that is also another BS line from the H$U$ pamphlet. A true to standard APBT looks pathetic compared to a Rottweiller or Bullmastiff type dog. I cannot see how these tiny (in comparison) dogs could be seen as status symbols. That said, they may see them as the new Nikes they so on tv but status symbol? nah.

:cool:

8. NOTK

NOTK Banned

pretty sure the farmer's boy line come off the patricks stuff with some chinaman outs or some boyles. and im pretty sure they dont just breed for pretty papers. Dont think those were some "shit stock".

9. Mr.lee

Mr.lee Big Dog

i agree...they would not put top $ for a mutt in a [] or pretty papers

10. BostonBully

BostonBully Top Dog

Time and Effort to fight online isn't worth it.

11. Titch_Pitbull

Titch_Pitbull Top Dog

Then you dont know what game really is...+ Where do you think these dogs came from? the stalk delivering little apbt pups in there beaks to pet homes?. Dogs where bred for the [] way before it was in the spotlight. Irresponsible ownership WHICH LED TO Media attention is what put our breed in the spot light.

Once again that demonstrates you dont have an ounce of knowledge about what gameness really is. How can the breed be better off by breeding for something to was not bred to do :S get a show bred amstaff.

AHHH I FEEL TO PUT A DAMN BULLET IN MY HEAD. BECAUSE WE BELIVE IN THE BLOODY PRESERVATION OF THE BREED. WHY DO YOU NEED AN APBT PERIOD? I HAVE SELECTED MY LIFE LONG BREED & WANT NO IMITATIONS OR GHOST OF WHAT THE BREED SHOULD BE.

Most idoitic statement ive heard in a while. Dogs are ment to catch and hold the hog until the hunter can come and finish the job the hunter doesnt sit and watch and hope the dog kills the hog.

You do know UFC Fighters have died in the ring right?

----

End of the day ive seen the documentary before.

Its a bunch of shit. Period. All it has done in england has now made everyone claim there dogs are famer boy bred dogs. Famers Boys went downhill and started breeding for the £s.

I HATE IT. Literally HATE IT. When people say "I hate dog fighting its so cruel its so violent. all dog fighters should be hanged" when they own a APBT to me its very disrepsectful to the dog men & women that enabled us to own the breed we do today and we should be grateful otherwise we would not have the APBT. Sure i dont mind if someone says "I dont agree with dog fighting and i dont think it has a place in such a morden era" but people need to respect what gave birth to the breed "they love so much".

12. dannyboy

dannyboy Big Dog

What im trying to say is.....first off....why did these dogs get into the wrong hands...ie someone sold on good dogs....secondly...what were these dogs then crossed with (usually to make them bigger and meaner looking)...hope you get my points :)

13. TheVictor22

TheVictor22 CH Dog

Good respose Titch.... I agree with you 100%.

14. Titch_Pitbull

Titch_Pitbull Top Dog

Farmers boys have become nothing more than peddlers they now breed for rednose dogs so people can buy the whole litter for 200 a pup go back to london and sell them at a grand each ($400 and $2000).

I know allot of people that have FB bred stuff. there ruthless dog was crap. but was bred because of his looks

15. theres a raw production line in the uk.......never mind FBK.

16. rattler

rattler Pup

preserve the breed thats all that matters

17. rooster

rooster Banned

Correct and the guy that said they were poor stock is wrong. They do sell poor stock to people that are not dog men yes. Dogs that they do not want and consider garbage. The dogs they sell to bona fide dog men are going for thousands of dollars.
    So to the other poster who said they were poor stock well maybe they sold poor stock to you as you are a pet owner and not a dog man. You got dogs that they don't want. That is the way it works.

Farmer's boys have bred many great dogs. If anyone on here that is criticizing them has bred better dogs and campaigned more and better dogs than they have, then let the Farmer's boys know who you are. They are not curs and will take you or your dog on happily, providing you are not a grass or reporter, then of course you wouldn't make it home. Despite what the TV says they are easy people to find. So go there and see what you can get. If you have a good rep and are a real dog man you will get good dogs, if not they will sell you a poser's dog suitable for the pet owner.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2009
  18. rooster

rooster Banned

AND WHAT FAMOUS GR Ch PIT DOGS ARE YOU ASSOCIATED WITH ?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2009
  19. rooster

rooster Banned

Example ?

So Farmer's boys have to be responsible for every dog that comes out of their line and falls into the hands of some irresponsible people. I guess the same for Tom Garner right ? he is to blame too right ?

20. dannyboy

dannyboy Big Dog

i own staffords rooster....so no, ive never been sold any show dogs from them, for not being enough of a dogman :)..... Im not taking anything away from FB as far as what theyve achieved.......but i believe it would have been better for the true enthusiasts of this breed here, if they hadnt sold dogs to idiots, who bring this stuff out into the public eye.