1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

100% Colby owners in Texas

Discussion in 'Breeder Discussion' started by mm.martinez, Apr 10, 2016.

1. corvettedex

corvettedex CH Dog

I was able to get this pair from Lady Rampage (rip) Major and Raven. Back in 2009. I was ridiculed by many here on on game dog about the Colby line and based on available information to the general public, I have to agree that in a lot of cases certain folks were correct about this old line falling off ect. Yet I bought my pair from working stock, from a breeder that had a great reputation. They haven't let me down. They are as game as any hounds i have ever seen. Lacking in cretain areas, shinning in the ones that count

2. corvettedex

corvettedex CH Dog

3. corvettedex

corvettedex CH Dog

4. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

In all fairness its not just the Colby line Dex.Not many pure families gettin in done in todays world.Look around and you will see many crosses in the fastlane of today.

5. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

Its just a fact that hybrid vigor and tools to win is a deadly combination.Sure other things come in to play.

6. corvettedex

corvettedex CH Dog

Well Said Bama ! Thank you for your honest imput. I hope all us well with you and your family.

7. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

All is well here.Wish you the same.

8. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

I think its easier for folks to lash out at Colby dogs because its the oldest , purest in the world and have been long removed from the pit in its pure form.I do believe thier is still a place for it in todays world but not pure.To the OP , them pups way to dam young to think about breeding them.JMO on this subject.

O.S.O. NAS likes this.
  9. corvettedex

corvettedex CH Dog

This is what TDK had to say Edurl="http://www.game-dog.com/private.php?do=showpm&pmid=641243"]Pit Bull Forums[/url]

10. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

Link doesn't work.

11. corvettedex

corvettedex CH Dog

12. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

Itn ain't gone work Dex..Prob because it was a private message

13. corvettedex

corvettedex CH Dog

TDK said it would be wise to make a judicious cross for the sake of keeping them right down the line.

14. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

T is a wise man.Hard to argue with experience.

O.S.O. NAS likes this.
  15. NYSTATEOFMIND

NYSTATEOFMIND Big Dog

Here we go again.. Why do some folks go by the breeder 's name,, "Colby"
    and some by the Dog's name.."Jeep" Rascal, Redboy, . Alligator. ect ect. ??
    I myself have also shaken hands with PETE. Nice guy. I Offered to buy DIAMOND off
    of him...he refused. no hurt feelings. God bless him and his prospect. A Gentleman in every respect

16. Redick

Redick Pup

The bloodline does have history..

17. CajunBoulette

CajunBoulette CH Dog

Well do you want something built off the dogs or just a name? If we wanted to get to the thick of it... What is a Colby dog? Whose Colby dogs are you buying? John's aren't the same as Pete's and Pete's aren't the same as Lou's and Lou's aren't the same as who's......

18. corvettedex

corvettedex CH Dog

After Floyd B got busted ect. One of Louis greatest fears was for the same thing to happen to him and his family, hounds ect. Cajun is right to a certain extent. The Hounds were moved around. John moved to Texas, Pete Sr. Petes Colbys father housed some of the best of the old proven colby hounds ect. I am not taking anything away from Louis ( rip) for his decision. The Colby hounds I have Louis was fussing at John for breeding to tight ect. Yet any way you want to shake it up at the end of the day they are still J.P. Original stock. A breeding program that has kept on from 1889 - 2016.The colby family has kept a reputation for being honest folks. That alone in the dog business isn't an easy feat. John R. Colby bought a pair of Major and,Ravens pups from me about 10 months ago. I will quote what he said when He contacted me. Your hounds have the best old workin blood. I was honoredto sale I'm a pair .

O.S.O. NAS likes this.
  19. niko

niko CH Dog

But should we be chasing dead dog's just because it's good old blood?....doesn't make any sense unless you test every generation

20. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

Niko ,people in the know have access to what ever they want as far as Bulldogs go and it's a lot easier for them to get good stock..New guy comes in ,sure he gone have to go to the public breeders.Everyone start somewhere,but no a guy in the game prob ain't gone seek out Colby dogs from a public breeder.