1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

10 Lb chain

Discussion in 'Sports & Activities' started by ShortHeel, Jul 20, 2006.

1. ShortHeel

ShortHeel Pup

I work my dogs out by taking them running with 10lb chains around their necks. Im eventually going to add two and progress to three if I see they can handle it. What do you think?

2. Attila

Attila Guest

I think your going to ruin your dogs necks. It isn't a good idea. You should look into a weighted harnes or a pulling rig. putting chains on your dogs necks isn't a healthy way to do training.

3. good one.. the harness is the best way and they dont really need to run..... taking them to the nearest park with bleachers is great.. they really muscle up and get so thick with them bleachers .. then a nice sprint by getting very long lead .. and tossing frisbee makes them jump and really build up the hindquarters my papadawg looked like a sack a potatoes with nylon pulled over it.. man what a beautiful specimen .. feed well and dont hang wieght on the dog neck ok

4. ShortHeel

ShortHeel Pup

Thanks for your responces, I apreciate it.

5. sy82nj

sy82nj Top Dog

6. yeah...somehow that dont seem right. I know people did that around here pit bulls, they would probably be arrested, for animal cruelty...get some weights!

7. nice poochie there , that black is sweet

8. Riptora

Riptora CH Dog

You can also buy weighted vests to go with the weighted collars. There are so many other ways to exercise your dogs, keep on reading.

9. The chain on a Bulldog has only 1 sense: He cant destroy the chain,he stays on this place and so he is save:Thats it. If you wanna work your dog move your @ss.Regards.

14rock likes this.
  10. Attila

Attila Guest

Ya, that is for sure. Chain has one purpose to keep it in the yard. Hey you ever hike in the mountains there? volksmarch ya! take your Hund mit du? I used to it was great. Worked the hell out of me though. Made my bier level go dry and I had to get more ya. I need to come visit ober there like Oktober.

11. bahamutt99

bahamutt99 CH Dog

Good exercise and good food should be sufficient. Genetics will handle the rest. (Or is that vice versa?)

12. kjf85

kjf85 Big Dog

Please research excersing and weight training for your dog!!!!

hanging weights around your dogs neck iS very dangerous and- just flat out the wrong way to weight train a dog!

13. GSDbulldog

GSDbulldog CH Dog

Add 2 or 3 more? That's about 30 pounds on your dogs neck. You try and work out with 30+ pounds of chain dangling from your neck. It does nothing- Save ruin your dog. Plenty of handwalking, swimming, and other effective methods of exercise are more than enough.

14. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

figure 50 lb. dog, 30 lbs. hanging around its neck. This is like a 200 lb. man walking around with a 120 lb. necklace on...lol I know them rappers are getting close, but thats still a ways away ;)

15. truegames

truegames Big Dog

Have any of you tried one of those working/pulling harnesses from still water kennels.

16. Attila

Attila Guest

Ha that is funny. I can't stop laughing. I can see it now gold plated logging chains on their necks. It is all good because it is easier to hide the bodies when they come with self weighted chains on them. Gloup. right into the river.

17. ghost 1

ghost 1 CH Dog

a weighted harness or a light weighted collar,,,not a 10 pound chain around the neck,,, break the dog down,,,,,I had someone one time ask me if having a heavy chain like that would make they're head bigger,,,,i like to never stopped laughing,,,,it would have been different if the guy was a kid but he was in his early 20's,,, and i regretfully info'ed that a weighted chain had nothing to do with head size,,,,genetics,,,

18. Attila

Attila Guest

Now that is funny. LOL make his head bigger. thats too much. I would have to run with it for a while first then break it to him. lol Tell ya and if you stick you finger in his poop hole and lift his tail up and down his chest will swell up too.

19. ghost 1

ghost 1 CH Dog

i couldn't run with it,,,,, it took me by surprize and i couldn't stop laughing,,, that sh1t was too funny,,,i haven't ever heard some sh1t like that,,,but it shows how uneducated some really are and how ppl do some stupid sh1t for something they know nothing about,,,and wonder why so many dogs end up broke down with 30 pounds of chain around they're neck

20. Attila

Attila Guest

ya, can't picture that dog walking on its front legs and the back legs six inches off the turf. lol