1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

1 or 2 Pits?

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by cenonfrancis, Oct 20, 2004.

1. Hey is it better to have just one male or should i get a female with him to play with? He is bout 8-10 weeks old now....

Thanks, Cenon

2. thats up to u.........ur the one thats gonna feed them

3. I've read and been told it's better to get opposite sex pairs or 2 females for the following reason: two males = too much testosterone = fight is bound to happen.

An 8-10 week old puppy is more than enough to handle. If you feel you have enough free time to handle 2 puppies and give them the attention they need then by all means get one. Personally, my 10 week old puppy is a handful. I don't think I can handle another puppy and my 10 week old stafford at the same time.

4. Thanks for the replies guys

5. rocksteady

rocksteady I'll drink to that..

2 females will also not get along.. and it all depends on the type of lines you have and how the dogs were bred

Another thing to consider is that pit bulls will be pit bulls no matter how they've been raised. One minute the dogs will get along great the next..all heck breaks loose.

And when the female goes into heat..males get crazy and will do anyhting to get to her. And during pregancies, females can get hormonal. One minute they're fine, the next they dont want anything to do with other dogs

Theres alot to consider. Are you leaning towards breeding?? If so, do you have the time and energy to take your dogs to the top first? Or are you just keeping them as pets, in which case you'll want to spay /neuter as early as possible which helps with the hormones

Good luck..

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2004
  6. Bubba

Bubba Top Dog

Bulldogs can be raised together, sometimes, if you are lucky lol. Eventually, nature will take its course and you could have an accident, make sure you take precautions to avoid this and to know what you are doing should an accident happen.
    BB

7. dustin

dustin Pup

i think he/she is a bit old for peeing their pants don't you think? :p haha.

8. SSandecki

SSandecki Pup

I own a female pit, she is 1 year 1 month old, she is very moody when it comes to other dogs, some she likes, others she wants to hurt severly, I've witnessed her tear apart a raccoon like it was nothing, didn't want her to, but it was to late, and yes she visited the vet the next day and got the shots she was required, but she did make it out battle scar free :o) Basicly they are very moody at times and I recommend you don't get another one imo unless you plan on breeding.

9. carson3535

carson3535 Big Dog

I would advise you to work with your pup now and get her use to you and you use to her loving each other.
    Then when you feel safe about knowing her then start looking into getting another pup. I got a female at 4.5 weeks old and raised her like my own child when she turned 3.5 months I got a male that was 3.5 months and they are doing great together.
    But I do have to keep them separated threw the day if I'm not, (around for safety reasons) so they don't bond closer then they bond with me and get into fights like brothers and sisters do. And so they will also bond more with me. And at night I just let them run around the house until they pass out. But this is just my experience and my opinion. Good luck with your decision.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2004