1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Your opinions on BANDOGS?

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by KingOfHearts, Sep 3, 2020.

?

Bandogs?

1. The real deal!

6 vote(s)
    37.5%
  2. Absolute trash!

4 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. Don't know, don't care!

6 vote(s)
    37.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Is that a bandog?

2. Athletic as fck.
    took a lot of the bull genes if its a bandog

david63 likes this.
  3. Euro

Euro Big Dog

it is, and a big one, here is a video if you need a size reference

big ass dog

david63 likes this.
  4. Euro

Euro Big Dog

i cant say much about the dogs temperament (besides doing a really good sleeve work, tornabene does all kinds of dogs, mostly bulldogs and mastiffs tho) but the build is spot on

david63 and Soze the killer like this.
  5. Fckn monster.

Something out of a bad nightmear.

david63 likes this.
  6. Euro

Euro Big Dog

swinford would be proud

7. Euro

Euro Big Dog

not a bandag, but alano, close enough tho, both dogs fill similar niche of large mastiffoid working bulldogs

alanos fighting a bull:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

PlugUgly likes this.
  8. Nice dogs.....hole diffrent chapter in its self.

9. Euro

Euro Big Dog

Bred for working, only reason that large scale dog fighting ever became a thing is because bull/bear baiting got banned

10. Don't think tornabene breeds anymore but her bandogs had great structure mostly as did her neo's, ASC probably has the most consistent type wise thst aren't oversized and longest running bloodline. quite a few other breeders now of bandogs. Some shite, some average and some outstanding. In essence a lot of the crossbreed hog dogs fit the category loosely as well . Seeing a lot with mal and Dutch shepherd being bred with varying percentages and outcomes. Bull vision kennels deuce being a great example of a bull type x herder. Think he's presa/apbt/mal but not sure exact amounts of either. Some people don't like the idea of bandogs but I personally don't see a problem with it, it's on par with crossing lurchers, terriers and boar dogs to me or any other dog for increasing working ability and traits to suit the owners needs....why the fuck not.i read somewhere before possibly the east texas hogdog forum most of swinfords followers changed to AB's when they became more common as they were closer to a finished product as a working bandog than the crosses of English mastiff and apbt he had used as a foundation for his stock and others who he was involved with .possibility due to the fact the AB's already came from working hog dogs+infusions of apbt here and there. while most of the mastiffs used would've been from the best examples of show stock of the era. As for the modern recreation presa's soze think they've got a good few breeds in their according to irema curto etc including apbt, bull mastiff, bardino majorero, couple of local presa types he sourced and maybe a few others.J7 presa blood being some of the better stuff that was about in the uk and Europe for a while and at the back of a few other breeders stock. Wasnt the big over sized shite that's peddled left right and center.

david63, PlugUgly and Soze the killer like this.
  11. J 7...yeah thats the one.
    took a lad i no a long time and huge journey to find one.huge dollas as well.

And yes Bardiono was part of the pressa makeup.Bardionos still exsist to day as a sort of catch/gard/herding breed.and they are the same brindle as the pressa,are a local breed in that area are aloof and watchful and yes its only reasonable to suggest the pressa brindle comes from such dogs.
    the old Alano whats just made a come back in the last twenty years is probs in the back ground of the pressa to.
    add to this pit bulls what were introduced to the islands and the GSD what was one of the most common breeds in that place..and its logic to say the modern day pressa decends from thses breeds.
    thses j7 ones were first imported to the UK in the late 1990s or early 2000s.i beilves the first imports had croped ears.
    they came from some were in Europe that i dont remeber,but the breeder was said to have got all his stock from the canares.
    DR Sementric in his book gladiator dogs.has a huge chapter devoted to the breed.he visited the main breeder in the canery islands and says the breed is still used for dog fighting.
    hes says its used as a gard dog and fighting dog..and at the time of that book he says the pitbull blood is still crossed in with them.

I dont no nothing of J7 just for the record.its a name i heard from twenty years ago.
    i no a lad who got big jail for setting one of these dogs on a copper.ive told the story on this board somwere.
    story went like this;copper chasing lad with dog chasing copper and gets him and near kills copper but copper calls for back up and dog gets shot dead on spot.lad makes head lines and gets big jail.copper suvives but is fckn mangled lol.

Just thought ide say..sorry for the ramble

david63 likes this.
  12. The copper would have been dead if it was not for armed back up turning up pronto.

13. Euro

Euro Big Dog

IMO, working bred Neo x game bulldog (preferably a pit) is the best option, since neos seem to be only working mastiffs that stuck around at all, the rest have been turned into lazy slobs or have too many health issues.
    [​IMG]
    like this bad boy from south africa

david63 likes this.
  14. Euro

Euro Big Dog

[​IMG]

david63 likes this.
  15. Euro

Euro Big Dog

[​IMG]
    A notorious hard-ass pure neo that lived in south africa. Belonged to a well respected dog guy named Clinton who was online back in the early 2000s on another forum, he had the german shepherd that regularly killed jackals which he mentioned a few times, and the boerboel x apbt brothers that killed a fair share of dangerous game (wild dogs, brown hyenas, hogs, you name it). Said brothers were by clinton's accounts nothing compared to the above neo, martin, who easily dominated them and was undisputed king of the farm.

So all in all, the neo is complicated. It's downright terrible what the show world is doing to them, but their DNA still has a lot of quality in it. If the body is fixed the temperament and mettle inside them is the real deal.

Hazko and PlugUgly like this.
  16. What about the boarboll from that area?
    i suppose they would be more ready avalible to the farmer rather then the pure Neo would be.but all the dogs you just named,to this day,if they worked ,would get bred into boarboll lines anyhows i guess.

Neos got a cool history..
    Cane Corsos are more then likly a bandog now i think.that is a cross of neo and pitbull.
    maybe.

david63 likes this.
  17. That top ones a monster btw.

david63 likes this.
  18. Euro

Euro Big Dog

borboel is a great dog, but i think the ones we see today are a bit too wide and heavy boned for their height, that kind of build ought to do some serious damage to their stamina.

itd be smart to cross them with alaunt or bulldog to get some athleticism, the end result would be Butcher Style Alaunt

19. Euro

Euro Big Dog

[​IMG]
    alaunt/mastiff cross, for reference

david63, PlugUgly and AGK like this.
  20. Euro

Euro Big Dog

Then again, Each breed called a mastiff is either a bulldog, boarhound, lgd, mountain dog or large primitive pariah. Most of which are not directly related to one another. The term "bulldog" is most fitting since neos/corso used to be 100-130 pound catch dogs used for all kinds of hunting.

david63 likes this.