1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

What to do when Animal Control Comes Knocking

Discussion in 'Laws & Legislation' started by Tiara, Mar 6, 2007.

1. red504

red504 Pup

Don't let the cop think you are trying to out smart him, bc he will go out of his way to prove you wrong. He will win if you are breaking any laws. Cops are people....they have families and pets... If you are a decent person and aren't a complete idiot Most cops will leave you alone. Normally a cop does not show up at ur door for no reason, they got called there. Cops hate animal calls of service more than u hate them. They prefer to set in their cars eating, so be respectful and let them jabber then they'll leave. No Harm Done. If you are one of the thug wanna be dogmen that don't take care of ur animals....well fuck u I hope the cops bust u for any and every violation u commit. At least that's my experience with police here in Georgia.

I don't like police as much as the next guy, but understanding their mentality and how they operate is a great way to learn to deal with them and keep them away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. According tome,no breeder wants to have Animal Control come knocking on the door, but if they do then it will help if you know what your options are.

Always remember that Animal Control is law enforcement. They get bound by the same Constitution as any other government agencies. So, to protect yourself, you need to know your rights. These will vary slightly according to one jurisdiction to another, but some general principles apply. But one rule applies everywhere that never physically resist an officer.
    Don't allow them to come in, no matter how much they ask. Animal Control generally cannot enter your home without a warrant, or your permission. While regular police can enter in emergency situations when human life is at risk and do not talk to them from an open doorway. Also, you can step outside and lock the door behind you.