1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

(the legend) boudreaux' eli (2xw)

Discussion in 'Photography, Artwork & Videos' started by stonehousekennel, Aug 26, 2012.

1. nwo

nwo Banned

Well whether the blind billy stroy is true or not , and i feel that anything that floyds says about billy /eli or mavercik is dubious , and i hate to feel that way , but i think most would agree that the eli story is most likely true , and if thats so , then its likeoy that the other stories could also be true , and the billy stories were many years before eli , and more dogmen than just don thought billy wsnt bred like floyd showed him.As for crenshaw , i aslo heard the tapes , and his opinion was that billy was bred like he shows , but he doesnt say more than that , it was just his opinion, and i feel if you look at the amount of doubt surrounding billy ,from various dogmen , and even floyds storie changed about billy , you have to add up the pieces of info and look at the bigger picture ,and unfortunatley it comes down as floyd not being as truthfull as he makes himself out to be.The fact that tudor was at billys matches means nothing , unless the matches were only of billy and no other matches , as you know in those days msot dogmen were amtching dogs from earls yard either bros and sis or hal brothers and sis , or at least dogs very close to earls yard, so him being at billys matches means nothing as he went to many matches in the days after he retired from the box.What is interesting and more telling ,is that earl puts doubt on billys breeding ,and you are in some way insinuating that he did this only becasue billy lost is absurd, as many dogs that were 100% bred as they showed from earls ayrd also lost and he never said that about them, but like most top dogmen as earl was , he knew his stock ,and if he put doubt that bilys was his stock , then i for one would listen to him .Also if floyd and his dad supposedly got billy from earl dont you think it would have ben ahrd for ealr to say something like that, did you ever see a statement by earl confirming billys true breeding ? or that floyd and his pa got him from earl ? i never did so and i doubt you did , so the preponderance of the evidence falls on doubt rahter than certainty with billy and if thats the case then all those peds need to be redone , thats if we can ever find out how he was really bred.Remember that in those days more than today with dna and the internet , people would take a dog of unknown breeding and if he was a good one then it was a lot easier to sell stud rights and pups if the ped was a nice one than unknown
    , and tudors dogs were the best around so it makes sense that if you were going to fake a ped , well it might as well be good one .

2. Iron Mike

Iron Mike CH Dog

I remember when Don told people Eli was off a Lab.
    Man if that is Lab, give me a yard full! :lol:

Now I know what was told to me directly by Steve Boudreaux, Floyd's cousin back in the late 60's.
    I wrote about it, about a year after Steve died in "A Story of an Unknown Dogman" which was printed in both the Gazette and Journal.
    Don tried calling the Yankee a lair but crawfsih when he knew both Steve's wife, Stepson (Brian Collins), Steve's brother Ivy were all still alive.

Why doesn't anyone print what Pat Carver wrote in response to Don in SDJ?
    Or Bobby Lemm?

Pure Family? Pure family of what? Don's dogs went back into Heinzl, Tudor, Corvino, Colby, etc.
    The Cry Baby breeding was done years before Eli was born.
    Don got Cry Baby back, why didn't he just repete the breeding?
    Hell in a chat room he tried telling people our dog Spike was from his stock rotflmmfao!

Oh I miss Don, he made me laugh to watch people take him serious.
    I loved when he convice people ever good dog in some how came from what he had bred. lol
    I glad to know every good dog in the world came from the same bloodline (/). :lol:

AHK, david63 and Big Vinny like this.
  3. The Saint

The Saint Big Dog

Now I'm not for Don Mayfield or Floyd Boudreaux, neither am I against any of the two... We mostly had Carver dogs over here and we only there was no bigger liar regarding all things peds. Now for my question... If Don was the original source of the Eli dog, why didn't he reproduce him? That's what I wouldve done!!!

AHK likes this.
  4. nwo

nwo Banned

Mike you used to hide on dons chat under a false nick, and as for why didnt don repeat the breeding , well who knows , he had crybay but not hte sire cotton, but what the hell does that prove , and the fact is mike that crybaby was sent to floyd to whelp, he had her and two yrs later he showsas up with eli and everyone knew what had gone down , including if im not mistaken it was either jr busch or one of thsoe guys who wass offered a pup while crybaby was nursing them and that pup was eli.Now would i be surprised that a boudreaux wqould dewny any dubious ped on eli /blind billy /mavercik? of course not , but instead of using your psot in a sneaky way to offer 0 proof , as the ralty is that only floyd knows and the guy who was offered the pup , so instead of trying to amke yoursefl look like something your not, try adding some proof that floyd is the saint you are amking him out to be.Trouble is your so in with every dogman that every lived , its hard for you to say the trtuh when it needs saying.Bottom line most people around inn the day knew that floyd had fucked don over and whether you like it or not that opens the door to more of the same .As for lemm and pat carver , so what they replied to don and again what does that prove? What you miss is that dons family was the purest of the dibo blood from the nigger dog he built his yard around , and as the dibo bllod was and is the most sought after or most highly prised ,then in that sense dons yard was the purest to dibo .By the way why do you doubt that spike was not from his stock? dont tell me of course you know everything and everyone and your the 1st to know i should have gueSsed.Maybe some of what don thoguh was not correct ,as he had to go on what he felt ,but if we talk about eli, well i like msot believe eli was crybaby bred and the fact that mavercik came from kemmer who kept dons dogs and don had arranged fro the englishman to buy mavercik , siggest that mavercik was not bred like floyds says , at least not when floyd got him from kemmer bewfore the englishman came to buy him.The englishman by the way was buying mavercik to add to his yard of mayfield dogs , not boudreaux dogs .Anyway dons dead floyd will never tell and it is what it is , and no one is saying don was perfect , he wasnt , but whether you liked his blood or not , when he sold you a dog the ped was correct and that is something carver should have done more of ,so as today the carver family would be more true bred than it actually is .

5. nwo

nwo Banned

Well first of all it was only the dam he had , and secondly he only knew for sure when eli turned up at pitside 2 yrs or so later ,so it wasnt like he was able to look into the future when as far as he knew the pups had died .Also i think that by the time eli turned up at pitside crybaby had died , but either way , to use that as a reason to doubt don is riddiculous and clutching at straws from the floyd camp.

6. nwo

nwo Banned

Why dont you post the unknown dogman story and the replies to don by lemm and pat carver , and maybe you can find trhe collier dog add from yfraandmine , but i doubt you would post that , it would hurt to much.But all personal differences aside mike , waht is your feeling about billy /eli and mavercik, i dont expect you with your friendships with floyd and your dislike of don for never making you feel like a king at his table , but be nice to hear what you think considering how much importance you think your opinion is worth inn the game, i mean it takes a big ego to state none can treah me anything new about conditoning, so whatever you say mike must be gospel.

7. Iron Mike

Iron Mike CH Dog

No I didn't. I only went into Don's chat less then a half dozens times ever.
    I always used Iron Mike.
    Every so often the chat would freshen its self and you had to redo your login name.
    Many people used my name, one of them was Gino out in CA.

Nice story but as it was always said, "if you weren't there when they were bred, you never really know!"
    He could have rebred to Cotton.
    You are mistaken, Jr. Bush wasn't offered nothing. In fact I don't think he was in dogs at that time.
    I know Eli, later when he was older, was sent to JR. and he sent him on to John Cotton in TN. where Eli was stolen. In fact Spook went to TN. as well.

Ah what do I know about Eli, I only owned a triple Eli bred dog?
    I had more Boze stock.
    On the forum of the OFRNR there is a picture of me with owner of a son Dibo named Major.
    Like so many you post you doubt who I have known.
    Picture is worth a thousand words.
    I guess for those who aren't on the forum won't know or have the need too.
    But there are pics of some of the grestest dogmen in the last 50 years on there with me.

Oh BTW Steve's stepson is still alive, we can always ask Brian!!!

So what does letters from Pat Carver and Bobby Lemm mean, about as much as Don's because they were there too.
    The thing about a lie, you better make sure everyone is dead before you run it.
    Floyd ducked Don? Please, Don would break and run from the mire site of Maurice. :lol:

My favorite, which most missed, after Don died, in the obits, it stated Don had to get rid of his dogs 1986 because his lisence would not be renewed.
    So where did the dogs come from which Don was suppose to own in 1989 & later? LOL

Like I wrote, I miss Don and how he conviced the people around the world the BS he told.
    When I lived in TX. they use to all sit around laugh together saying, "there never was a dog leave the state of Texas with the right papers on it!" :lol:

david63 likes this.
  8. Iron Mike

Iron Mike CH Dog

You must be new to dogs. It is in the 90's that Story of the Unknown Dogman appeared.
    Read this yourself.
    I'm not big into posting repeted shit to much.
    I could dig it up from SDJ what they wrote. But I didn't start this thread on Eli.

Never was an add where it appeared in Your Friend & Mine with J.T. Collier pedigree, but I do have Eli's match reports in there.
    I have every issue from 1957 to the day it closed.
    Hell Dibo was born in 1952?
    I have, maybe be an ego but like in the past and when he ran his mouth in the chat, the offered was made time and time again.

I didn't hide from any of them. Also I called him out for ripping people off for their subscriptions to PDR and the pre-sold books in the late 70's.
    He didn't deny doing it.
    So there you go about "the gang that couldn't shoot straight." :lol:
    Now someone tell this kid what this meant ^ lol

AHK and david63 like this.
  9. NGK

NGK Top Dog

His grandson Justin has them all, there were several huge trunks of personal photo's, letters, audio tapes etc... as well as about 30-40 big boxes of magazines, old collars, harnesses from famous old dogs etc... Quite the collection which included Earl Tudors personal collection as well.

NGK

10. RRL

RRL Top Dog

That must be quite the collection.His grandson is lucky!

11. Goemon

Goemon Banned

If Don was such a good conditioner, why did he sell Tombstone after he beat Bullyson Jr.? He sold him to PP because he knew Stinson/Glover's Tuffy would have kicked his ass.

12. TripleJ

TripleJ CH Dog

hey that Lab shit ain't Funny, they had me beliving That shit when I was a teenager and got ahold of some real pretty Eli pups and thought I had the shit then my uncles friend Told me I got screwed that that eli dog was 1/4 lab. I was all upset I worked bailing hay for 3 months for those two pups and thought Mr Ramsey screwed me Boy looking back at how upset I got it is kinda funny.

Carolinacur likes this.
  13. nwo

nwo Banned

You are either very young or just dont know much about who was who in the dogman game.Don was arguably the N01 conditioner of his time , and even his worst enemies wouldnt argue with his ablity as a conditioner.AS for why did he sell tombstone , well i told why in my previous posts , but just incase you missed it , it was becasue althoughn he was convinced that tombstone was out of toot and baby rahter than toot and gina , he wasnt prepared to breed him into his family unless he could get that out of maloney , so he sold him to apt patrick one the understanding that if he could get him matched he was to let him have him back to match him.Don did get him amtched again , and when he asked aptrick to send him the dog , pat refused and went back on the deal , and as for glover and stinson tuffy kicking his ass , well who knows maybe , but considering tombstone outgamed bullyson jr the destroyer to bullyson , i dont think anyone but an idiot would say something like that about tombstone , regardless of whether they had ever been matched one would have beaten the other , tombstone goes down as a deep game great dog who produced out the ass.By the way it was statemnets like yours that they used to amke about bullyson ,and he got his assed whipped and he curred out , as did his son who was also supposed to hand tombstones ass to him on a plate.And just for your info don and his lightning dog were the only dog to match into tudors spike
    and live .

14. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

nothing i addressed is new the least bit. IM telling you & still not listening lol. i had questions because i wasn't around but got the answers from bennett clayton. floyd,clemmonds,hall,fox & korn are still around & not hard to find if you want to see what they say. if you talk enough about " nigger " maybe RF will log on and tell ya how he feel about both.

15. nwo

nwo Banned

Well ok tell us what you were told about whatever your trying to say cos your trying to be evasive.As for rf and his nigger sroires , well we could always ask dany burton who to my mind holds more sway than r fox ,and didnt r fox change his story admiting nigger never quit , anyway im more interested in the shorty m reid story , so, lerts here your version , like i said i heard varous versions , and if the nico sulf your refing to is in regard to don using it on carver , and thats why carver killed those guys and would have killed don also , ? well it would have served old carver right if don had done to carver what carver had done to him and others , and that is well known , but anyway i look forward to your version.

16. Look again New World Order this isn't a 1000 dogs that look like him its a Maverick dog that looks just like a son of Herman.And why I believe the Crybaby story is I seen the picture of Crybaby and I have the 1968 your friend and mine with Eli in the Pit and he looks very good and way to much like Crybaby for me ! I think Floyd had some personal friction with Mayfield and for whatever reason put them papers on Eli. That does not mean all his dogs are paperhung. Maverick I am more certain is bred the way his papers show.I am not saying he did not come from Kemmer just saying he is bred the way his papers say.

Here is Herman and the Maverick dog again use your eyes man !!!!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. And Sonny Sykes was the one offered the pup and Jr Bush was given Eli when he was an adult and then Cotton got him from Bush.Cotton was also an FBI agent.I thought that was interesting.Then he turned up missing from Cotton.

There is no way these dogs are Sunshine Nigger dogs.I think these inbred Sunshine dogs are the dogs Mayfield sold to make some dog food money like he said in his videos.

18. I share many of LittleJohns opinions. I believe that Cry and Little Cotton sired Eli. If so it would explain much of the traits of the old Eli dogs. Cry was a Tudor bred bitch that won 4 matches and was owned by Evelyn Start and later sold to Don. She was a littermate sister of Gr Ch White Rock. Little Cotton came from a successful and game family of dogs, also based in great part on Tudor blood.
    I spoke to a man I believe to be honest who told me he saw Maverick in 4 matches using different names. He felt it was likely Maverick was indeed a Reddick dog. I don't know what to believe.
    As far as either Don or Maurice ducking each other, that's not true they matched into each other many times and were about even in wins and losses.
    Don had many multiple winning dogs. His Thttp://dogarchive.kennel-apbt.com/details.php?id=101080uffy dog won 5 or 6 matches in his hands, Gomer won 4, 400 won 3, Hondo won 2 and there were many others.
    Don was undoubtedly the most advanced conditioner of his time. To deny this means you never matched into him and are just stating your personal subjective opinion with nothing to back it up. I saw Lemm present 5 dogs and all lost with average to bad condition on them. I also applied what I learned from Don to my dogs and saw a marked improvemrnt in them.
    So what difference did these nice stories have on my dogs in the end? Not one bit of difference, I still culled the shitty Mayfield dogs inspite of their true breeding and I still kept the good Eli dogs inspite of their untrue breeding, and there were good and bad in both.
    It's entertaining to read the stories and see how everyone feels they have the monopoly on the truth when really we are all just marketing pawns of whomever we like best. In the end there is only one truth however and to find it you have to look deep inside your dogs.

19. NGK

NGK Top Dog

Are you able to show a ped on the second dog? Looks like a damn clone.

NGK

20. NGK

NGK Top Dog

Im not sure if thats what John is saying "its a Maverick dog that looks just like a son of Herman", or am I reading it wrong. Hopefully he will respond and clarify it for us.

NGK