1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Strength vs Endurance vs Agility vs Speed

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Kerberos91, May 29, 2023.

1. Hey guys, what would you say is more important, strength, stamina, agility or quickness? A combination of all would be of course the best, but would you rather choose a strong dog with less agilty for example or the other way around?
    If you like make a list with the most important attribute at the top and the least important as the last one.

I would say
    1. Strength
    2. Stamina
    3. Speed
    4. Agility
    But im very new to this so i might be wrong.

Ps if i forgot some important attribute add it up on the list :)

2. Dusty Road

Dusty Road CH Dog

1. Gameness ,
    2. good wind/stamina
    3. mouth
    4. strength
    5. Speed

david63 and Sleep like this.
  3. Yes i forgot to metnion if we assume that both dogs have already the gameness.

Wenn you say mouth you mean the biting strength?

Dusty Road likes this.
  4. Sleep

Sleep Big Dog

I like this 1 but would move mouth above good wind and stamina...I've seen plenty conditioned but mouth to devastating to stay in to be a factor losing to much blood make u weak...no matter jow much wind and stamina if some on ya age with an above average mouth kiss that stamina out the window

5. Sleep

Sleep Big Dog

How*
    On ya ass*

My fault

6. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

Intelligence
    Eagerness
    Stamina
    Mouth
    Durability
    Anything after is just gravy.

Dusty Road likes this.
  7. Sleep

Sleep Big Dog

Good attribute Ben intelligent means alot some just don't understand

Dusty Road likes this.
  8. Thanks for the answers guys. I suppose yall mean bite force when you say mouth right?

9. slim12

slim12 Super Moderator Staff Member

1. Mouth
    2. Muscular endurance (stronger-longer)
    3. Brains

I try to make gameness an automatic or it being simply understood.

When Purepower and I were riding up and down the road doing things we should not have been doing we had these discussions for hours on end. We sort of came up with a grading system on the top three attributes. If a dog's mouth landed on a 8 with a scale of 1-10 we were riding with him. If it dropped down to a 7 the stamina/muscular endurance and the brains had to score a bit higher.

If his mouth was average, to average at best, he had to be a freak type athlete to take that ride.

If he had average mouth and was a eager and hard worker with a little bit of brains we would take that ride.

If he had average mouth and so-so endurance, he could be a brain surgeon and we would pick the next dog on the chain.

Then from there, we would split hairs on every imaginable angle (usually trying to talk ourselves into it being the right decision to take that ride).

I had much bigger nuts back then and I am sure that factored in a bit as well.

S

PMK, tomjones2 and Sleep like this.
  10. 1. Gameness
    2. Durability
    3. Stamina
    4. Mouth
    5. Wrestling ability

Dusty Road and david63 like this.
  11. 2. Meant to put intelligence at number 2, the smart dog can win a match by using it's brain.

PMK and david63 like this.
  12. Do you think intelligence can get sometimes confused with style or do people think head dogs are more intelligent?

13. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

Not really. In history a intelligent dog could cope with everything and understood what was involved in order to complete the task. They generally don't have a " style" they're like Swiss army knives. You would see guys just washing the head because that style in true form ain't going no place else.

Dusty Road likes this.
  14. But, don't you think game plugs are more admirable, sometimes you get the picture that maybe they're too intelligent because they are trying to avoid taking the licks whereas as a boring in dog is like the Terminator. Lol

15. When I say too intelligent I mean the smartsters, which happen to be head dogs a lot of the time, it's an effective strategy but doesn't get the juices flowing like a chest dog or back end dog. Lol

16. blueboy

blueboy Big Dog

Gameness
    Intelligence
    Finish
    Wind
    Ability

17. Could you explain those 3 terms to me? Head dog, chest dog and back end dog. Sorry for the noob question but i got to start somewhere haha

18. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

In less you are overseas than you start 30 years late. You missed the bus my man.

CockneyRebel123 likes this.
  19. slim12

slim12 Super Moderator Staff Member

There is so much to discuss when it comes to smarts/intelligence.

A dog can be a ear sucking head rider and stay there for hours on end, basically doing nothing.

That same dog can land in the very same spot and be offensively minded and with just a tad bit of mouth be devastating.

Those were the questions we pondered on those long rides to and fro. A dog with average mouth who goes to the chest is not nearly as effective as one that goes to the face with the same amount of mouth.

A people type analogy is that a quick jab to the chest does not do near as much as that same jab to the bridge of the nose.

That both frustrates the other and then it starts to affect his breathing. Frustration and fatigue chase them away faster than anything.

S

20. But, even a smart ear sucker can wear out an opponent that's doing nothing but boring forward catching thin air.