1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Southern Kennels

Discussion in 'Breeder Discussion' started by Big Game Bulldogs, Nov 5, 2021.

?

Does Southern Kennels have a history of producing high quality game dogs?

1. Yes

16 vote(s)
    84.2%
  2. No

3 vote(s)
    15.8%
  1. Curious_noob

Curious_noob Banned

You know which dog exactly? Do you have a link?

2. Charlie67

Charlie67 Pup

Just buy a dog get it as a baby and make it do your swims walks naps jumps tie that shit to your kids bed post have your kid feed it / that’s that now if you wanna have it trippin on animals and on-site tie that shit up in the yard ‍♂️

3. Charlie67

Charlie67 Pup

Ahhh that’s why he got that form

4. Charlie67

Charlie67 Pup

Good luck with that amstaff my first dog that bitch bit like 40 people wanted to eat kids didn’t even bark haha I was making her trip at 2 months tho

5. GrChHaunch

GrChHaunch Top Dog

I have not been around here for a while, Slim but I always enjoy your posts.

6. GrChHaunch

GrChHaunch Top Dog

Oops....I responded twice....must be getting senile, LOL.

7. GrChHaunch

GrChHaunch Top Dog

I am not the biggest expert on these dogs, I have owned 5, but they were pretty much all down from winning parents. But I can tell you that your perspective somewhat misses the point. Not attacking your personally, but your idea of "weak nerves" is not really accurate.

Let me give you an example with my current dog. The biggest snuggle bunny ever, but also incredibly athletic with huge drive. She probably is a cur but has tons of ability and has to be worked twice a day or she goes nuts.

When I work her on the flirt pole she is 110% obsessed with getting the bite. She is so fixated that she has accidentally nailed my feet on a couple of occasions and my hands on a couple. She does not mean to bite me, she is just so fixated it happens once in a while. This happens less as she matures and learns, but it has happened.

I've owned pairs of fight crazy real bulldogs and if they are facing off and wanting to get at each other it is very possible that they might bite a hand holding them/preventing them from getting at the other dog.

This has nothing to do with "nerves" it is simply a by-product of the dog wanting to get at something else so badly that it might bite something in the way.

gog123 likes this.
  8. gog123

gog123 Top Dog

Had a bitch who’s sire had bitten someone. Probably encouraged by the owner tbh from the stories I’ve heard. Anyway the grand dam to her was also supposed to be a known biter. Thing is her owner had loads of dogs so probably didn’t bond as much. I wondered if her being a man biter was bit of Chinese whispers. When in other hands it might not have been the case.

Say that as this bitch was exactly as you described. Extremely high prey drive and hold her back for to long and be to close she would snap at you. She would scream at the wind even blowing a crisp packet down the road lol. Was a piece of piss to get into shape though and kept herself in good shape without much effort. Being young when owning it her she was probably a good dog to learn from tbh. She caught one or two mates who thought they knew best. Could tell the bite wasn’t to hurt them it was pure frustration and drive going through the roof. Kept you on your toes for sure.

9. Ssdd

Ssdd CH Dog

Had a bitch that would hit you without hesitation on a chain run through the back door jump on my lap and lick/roll all over me while I froze in fear.....

Location can play a lot into attitude too.