1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Raparee lines

Discussion in 'SBT History' started by Brown bull of Cooley, Mar 7, 2020.

1. Hi all newbie to the site but not bulldogs my father had a hell of a good dog in the late 80s early 90s a bitch called lady from show bred stock from raparee lines just wondering is there still any dogs around today with raparee lines from what I've been reading they were not a bad line of dogs in the field anyway if I can figure out how to post pics I've got some good ones here of our bulldogs from early 80s to late 90s thanks..Brown bull of Cooley

mccoypitbulls and david63 like this.
  2. reids skipper

reids skipper CH Dog

My old pal still Has dogs down from rapparee lines

3. And how does he find them are they kc dogs I know the few we had had real shovel heads and big nostrils I'll always remember my owlman made for a bulldog with big nostrils was one of the first aspects of keeping back a pup..i can route out the bitches full pedigree a truly game Stafford from kc stock 1978/79 era..Brown bull of Cooley

mccoypitbulls likes this.
  4. reids skipper

reids skipper CH Dog

He’s had them for donkeys years so he must think they alright .... rapparee was a kc affix so they are kc lines . I used one of his dogs on my ( inbred dublin red strain ) bitch and what i found was it put a load more fire back into them

5. Dusty Road

Dusty Road CH Dog

Rapparee was a kc show dog kennels , they bred for show standard to show champions nothing else ,,

mixed-grill and david63 like this.
  6. reids skipper

reids skipper CH Dog

Thats true dusty but they were in the the breeding of ch molly , scarecrows duke and i would bet scars kennels gr ch rocky

McNally*1, mccoypitbulls and david63 like this.
  7. True although some excelled in other areas than the show ring it's not that hard to find information on raparee line staffs in the field I'm wondering did anybody take them and keep the breeding tight with other strains like Reid's skipper has stated instead of breeding with upcoming champions and for show only thanks Reid's skipper good to know..Brown bull of Cooley

8. Dusty Road

Dusty Road CH Dog

They are no better than any other KC show dog strain

10. Dusty Road

Dusty Road CH Dog

still nothing special about them , the kennels was a show dog kennels , bred to be show dog , for generations , same as any other kc show SBT prefix

11. Ok yea I get what your saying I think I should have been more clear not the raparee line as a whole you were driven towards show champions like every other kc kennels but some of the raparee dogs that were taken from show stock and not bred back to show lines is what I was really interested in thanks..Brown bull of Cooley

12. Dusty Road

Dusty Road CH Dog

I think every KC show SBT kennels , threw some dogs that got worked , but none of the kc show kennels bred for or tested their dogs

13. mccoypitbulls

mccoypitbulls Underdog

Really. This I may be so. I'll tell ya i seem to have seen them work just fine on game.
    Well at least the Evergreen strain of them.

reids skipper likes this.
  14. mccoypitbulls

mccoypitbulls Underdog

Regarless of what they may have been bred for, I have seen some work. I can help you chat with someone that can certainly help with some.info if nothing else. He is a nice fella and has a lot if history with Evergreen stuff.

15. Dusty Road

Dusty Road CH Dog

is Evergreen a kc prefix?

16. sunbeam

sunbeam CH Dog

the evergreen dogs were behind the o'flynn dogs, i do not believe they were a kc strain.

17. reids skipper

reids skipper CH Dog

You got some old rapparee stuff where you at like mccoy ?

18. mccoypitbulls

mccoypitbulls Underdog

Reid's Skipper, I do not have any here. I have talked about trading pup to this fella. We are world's apart. He lives in Ireland. And I am in the US.
    I have seen them.work and I was impressed. They were a bit more cobby than the type I like, but they were tanks, and built for going to ground. Sunbeam must know the same strain.
    I also like the Dublin Red history. I reached out to Mr. Deleaney also at one point.
    I love the breed(s) history and especially the Irish strains and the crosses of them abroad.

james pitt, PMK, corvettedex and 2 others like this.
  19. reids skipper

reids skipper CH Dog

Are they rapparee or evergreen you seen mate as the evergreen stuff are the flynn dogs

james pitt likes this.
  20. There was raparee blood in some of flynns dogs