1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

opinion on flirt pole work

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Scrappy!, May 12, 2011.

1. Irish Pitbull

Irish Pitbull Top Dog

^^ Ahh no? Really? You think?

2. JTC

JTC Big Dog

Love flirt poling my dogs. Always keep it low and dont let them jump. I use a 12 foot long piece of pvp pipe and attach something onto the end of it. My dogs go crazy over it. I work them for up to 20 minutes like this. I know a guy with land that has an area set up with sand and a 25 foot long piece of 3 inch thick rope that is set up like a chain spot. He attaches the dogs collar to the rope and flirts the dogs. It seems like it works great, he is one of the better conditioners i know.

3. ElJay

ElJay CH Dog

dude, really? and as far as superior conditioning workout goes, i dont think anyone has said that. it is an invaluable tool to use as part of a workout program. like me, i use flirtpole, springpole, handwalking, dragwork, and biking with my dogs. But by far and away both mine and my dogs' favorite activity is flirtpole. it is FUN. for both me and my dogs. and if i had to use only one tool out of those i've mentioned, i'd pick the flirtpole ANY day.

4. bukskin.banks

bukskin.banks Big Dog

of course, cuz u dont gota do shit haha

5. Saiyagin

Saiyagin Chihuahua

What was so funny is that Buckskin pmed me because he thought I was picking on him for no reason LMAO. Hopefully this topic will shed some light on his perspective on flirt pole workouts, but who knows he did win that special Gold medal lol.

6. bukskin.banks

bukskin.banks Big Dog

actually no i didnt, i pmed u sayin explain to me why what i said is dumb as shit. cuz i wasnt tryin to argue on someones thread lol

7. Irish Pitbull

Irish Pitbull Top Dog

So, in your opinion throwing a rope is more exercise for the person than exercising a dog with a Flirt Pole?

Also, it is the dog who you're exercising in the first place..

8. bukskin.banks

bukskin.banks Big Dog

ya thats wat i said, throwing a rope is more exercise lol. before u pipe in, u should read stuff first ya kno.

9. bukskin.banks

bukskin.banks Big Dog

I mean come on, the flirt pole isn't even for jumping. The only thing it's really good for, is coordination. Like getting your dog ready for the box. And I guess if thats your thing than go for it. If your using it for sprinting and jumping, then I find it better just to hold the toy myself. I can play tug o' war, get him hangin from the toy for jaw power, and then i can throw it much further for a good sprint versus sprinting figure eights with the flirt pole. And i can throw it up a hill and that'll really get some results ya kno. And then i said hey, it's a bonus cause i geta work out too. That doesn't mean I'm more interested in exercising myself, its just a bonus haha. Maybe i should learn to talk better or sumthing, but thats what im sayin.
    And well ya, if your not strong enough to hold your dog in the air and play tug o' war with it for an hour or so, then ya, flirtpole is great.

10. DirtyD

DirtyD Top Dog

good luck with the shoulder surgery that you are going to need in the future... also last time I checked 20 minutes of tug dont ware out my dog like 7 minutes of flirt pole work...

11. bukskin.banks

bukskin.banks Big Dog

Yaaa i dont think i said i play tug o war the whole time or said thats what wares my dog out. I throw it up a hill and do tugo war and get him jumping. Very explosive. If a hill dont ware him out then i duno haha.

12. Saiyagin

Saiyagin Chihuahua

See how ignorant you sound? LOL Alot of cat owners have and use flirt poles.

13. Saiyagin

Saiyagin Chihuahua

So says the Special Gold Medalist winner with NO Spring Pole experience LOL.

14. Saiyagin

Saiyagin Chihuahua

My bad I meant Flirt Pole , its late lol.

15. Ace1

Ace1 Big Dog

80721321.jpg What's the old saying about winning an argument with a retarded person?