1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Mixed breed question

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Wilburmason, Jun 6, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kind of an off topic stupid question but I’m curious. I recently rescued a mutt, he’s half Rottweiler/half pit (sorrells)

how much gameness is generally lost from a mix like that?
    He will live the easy good life going to the beach, playing with my dogs, just being pampered but I’m curious how much it changes it? Some say half others say it ruins it almost completely

2. Oh and he’s fixed so no issues there

3. Michele

Michele CH Dog Super Moderator

I'm confused......in other posts you said you "HAD" a rotty/pitbull. So, is this post about a new dog you got?

You posted in another thread;
    I like to keep my pits pure. I had a rescue that was a Rottweiler/pit. It was a good dog, strong, still had some gameness, great with the family, but I didn’t like basically having a people aggressive pitbull which is basically what it was.
    Some say the tosas are too people aggressive.
    The general people friendly is one trait I don’t want to lose with the pit. I always want people friendly pits

4. slim12

slim12 Super Moderator Staff Member

The odds of the dog being game is slim to none and slim has packed to leave.

Rotts are not game and the average pit bull is not game.

The only possible negative issue is dog aggression. It is very possible.

Good luck.

S

Ssdd likes this.
  5. Yeja it's a brand new one. I felt bad for it so couldn't resist it. The one I had before was a very determined dog

I have my theories on gameness with mixed but curious of others opinions. Getting a new one really made me wonder even more

I always say keep a pit pure that's for sure.

Michele likes this.
  6. Curious_noob

Curious_noob Banned

I dont know about Pitbull / Rottie mixes but ive heard that they crossed Pitbulls with Tosas in Japan, and that those Tosas can fight for over 1 hour. So in that case not much gameness went lost, but the Tosa had already before Bull Terrier blood, so even at this point this breed was more game then the Rottweiler.

7. chili

chili Big Dog

Facepalm

8. Curious_noob

Curious_noob Banned

If you mean me, search it up, there are Tosas that can go for over 1 hour, im not making that up. Tito needed also more then an hour to finish Tano who was a Tosa

9. How long would Zebo need.....

10. Curious_noob

Curious_noob Banned

The question was how much gamess you loose when you cross the apbt with a larger mastiff type dog. When Pit/Tosa mixes can go for over 1 hour then its not that much of a loss, thats all im saying

11. How long is a piece of string?

12. Curious_noob

Curious_noob Banned

Thaaaaaaaat long :D

13. chili

chili Big Dog

Gameness cannot be measured in theories or thoughts on paper. Mute point.

14. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

Gameness also has no set time limit. I.E "This breed still went an hour" Any dog will keep going if it's winning and pushing around a much smaller dog. That isn't where you see gameness at. Will that tosa still keep coming after taking a beating for that same hour? Will he scratch at 1:05?, 1:20? 2hr? All after taking a lot of damage, being exhausted and on his back most of the match or not getting it's way etc?

No, he most definitely will not and that is where you'll see gameness at. Not because the dog fought for X amount of minutes or hours. Gameness isn't measured in minutes.

Ssdd, Pollo and Michele like this.
  15. Curious_noob

Curious_noob Banned

From what i have heard that Tosa Tano took a beating from Tito after the first 20 minutes till 1 hour and 12. And when 2 Tosas going regularly for over 1 hour, it means that at least one of them takes a beating and keeps going. Same thing with the Gull Terr and the Gulldong

16. Curious_noob

Curious_noob Banned

I know most Pitbull purists dont want to accept that other breeds have gameness, but thats just not true im sorry, those Tosas with apbt blood do have gameness, working Terriers have gameness, and the Gull Terrier and the Gull Dong have gameness as well. Its ignorant and stupid to believe only one breed has that, but ofc when beeing obsessed with one breed only, its hard to realise that lol

17. You are a strange lad, why are you obsessed with other breeds and their apparent gameness yet you haunt this place with a million profiles? Yes other breeds so show a form of gameness, and what? If you're trying to suggest it's anything remotely like the APBT you're living in cuckoo land, those Tosa's barely damage each other ffs.

18. Curious_noob

Curious_noob Banned

First im a federal agent bc i ask where to watch footage, then im some guy you had beef with idk when bc im saying that you can maintain some parts of gameness by crossing the apbt to other breeds. You guys are cringe and stupid af lol, maybe im Donald Trump =))

19. Why do you get a hard on at the thought of crossing the APBT with other breeds in the hope to retain gameness? There's a reason this forum is called Gamedogs and the main player is the APBT.

Patch likes this.
  20. Curious_noob

Curious_noob Banned

I just answered to a question if it is possible or not, read the threads name man. Im not getting a hard on of any thought that includes dogs lol, you getting a hard on at the thought that one breed only has gameness. I love this breed as well but not to the point to close my eyes from reality and making it to a religion like some fanatics do. And im pretty sure here are a lot of such shitheads who masturbating every night to pics of well conditioned bull dogs bc they dont have other interests in life. Same thing with those Greyhound fanboys who dont want to admit other breeds can be used for racing too. Ofc no breed is that fast, but doesent mean its the only breed that can run. But what am i trying to explain to people who live in their own world, pointless

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.