1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Kibble experiment

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ben brockton, May 29, 2023.

1. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

Took a bitch who been on raw since off the tit. Bought a bag of origin red biologically appropriate feed. Gave the same weight as raw 12oz and 1 1/2 the amount of water I normally put out. The bitch ran through some thickets and got nicked up. Once I got a handle and looked her over what I seen was that coagulation was not what it normally would be. The poop was harder than normal and not slick with fat. Stronger smell and she strain more than usual. So the conclusion is rbc is way lower than normal and the body works harder to digest and process the nutrients. So at the end of the day kibble ain't shit lol

bamaman likes this.
  2. slim12

slim12 Super Moderator Staff Member

No truer words have been spoken.

I have done the same a couple different times over the years. The turds are harder and are compact enough to be large on the way out. The RAW fed dog makes a turd but it is smaller and I also noticed there is not much strain.

Other than the during keeps I have never measured food. I walk by and if they need a little more they get a little more, if they can stand a little less they get a little less. But without measuring, or going so many ounces per so many pounds I always felt like I fed less when feeding RAW.

I feed a mix now. It is not the best but convenience factors in and weighs heavily.

S

3. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

You definitely feed less raw than kibble. A dogs poop tells a lot about what is going on if you pay attention. I know if I put a keep on the blood coagulation would improve. But a lot of times in the past folks really didn't have 10-16 weeks to get ready for adba show. A keep take a lot out of a dog and extra work just to digest kibble is a waste of time management. I literally seen turds look just like kibble. For me this is a definite no go.

4. I've always found kibble makes the dogs shit more and it's sloppier than when on raw?

5. slim12

slim12 Super Moderator Staff Member

No doubts. I remember in the late 70's/early 80's there was a brand called Field Trial. It was like $5 or $6 for a fifty pound bag. Sometimes the chunks still had feathers. LOL We would fill the buckets with feed and then fill the water. It would swell and separate into a much, maybe like the texture of cheap canned dog food. We slop fed maybe 50-60 dogs between the bulldogs, coondogs, rabbit dogs and the monster ass Doberman that ran the yard.

The turds were more like piles and the piles looked just about like the slop in the feed pan.

It was more like gravy flavored card board.

S

6. Laced

Laced Pup

I been tellin folks kibble is literally poison for your dogs.... but in my experience the dogshit on kibble is much looser/softer than that of raw....

But contrary to popular belief.... being that raw diets are made up of whole foods.... it takes a bit longer to digest than kibble....

CockneyRebel123 likes this.