1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Intact Males fighting- advice- nut 'em?

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by John G, Jun 5, 2023.

?

Does neutering reduce aggression between 2 intact males?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. John G

John G Pup

Hello all,

I recently picked up an intact male hound, and took him hunting with my other dogs yesterday- hounds and one bulldog. The bulldog was muzzled, but they still got in a number of fights. The bulldog is game, so the consequences of these fights could have been pretty severe. The hound gives pretty good too. I don't want to get hurt breaking them up, or for them to get hurt worse than they already have.

I have experience with high-drive, gritty hunting dogs, and have had decent success hunting other dogs together in the past. Each male does fine with my other dogs-2 intact females, 2 neutered males- hunting and loose in the yard. Right now I keep the two males separated in kennels, but I would like to be able to hunt them together, as well as have a little piece of mind that if they get out and meet in the yard they won't kill each other. In the past, I have taken this bulldog and gotten him to live with neutered males that at first he fought with.

If you have experience with this subject, I would appreciate advice. I would neuter one or both if it would help.

Thanks