1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

He loves swimming at the beach...........

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by madboy, May 30, 2010.

1. madboy

madboy Big Dog

Lately we have been hitting the beach due to hot weather,so my pup tags along and absolutely loves swimming,actually he's a duck diver....lol!
    My question is,..........does the salt water do any damage to his coat,day after day?or do l have to rince him with water after each swim? l know it dries out his skin but can it be a major issue?
    l would be thankful for any help.:)

2. madboy

madboy Big Dog

Is it really that stupid of a question?:( or nothing to worry about?:rolleyes:

3. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

i would rinse him with regular water, cant be to bad for him.
    watch out for crocs lol

4. OutInCA

OutInCA Pup

Right after a rain the water is more toxic. I would keep him out then, or at the least wash him down. My dogs are part seal. Ha ha

5. madboy

madboy Big Dog

yeh! yeh! really funny.................:D

6. outrightmike

outrightmike CH Dog

no harm in it.i used to but been warned many times due to there not being a doggy beach here.

7. rallyracer

rallyracer CH Dog

having lived beachfront for a while, and had dogs that were avid swimmers over the years ( i had 1 that would go out surfing with me) i can tell you this much- you will want to give them a freshwater rinse after each days swim. the saltwater will dry out their skin. also- dont be alarmed to see a coat color change ( beit ever so slight) due to the sun/salt combo

8. TASOSCHATZ

TASOSCHATZ Big Dog

Rinse him, ah and be carefull of the waters there in Athens, humans tend to withstand more than dogs in terms of polution.

9. madboy

madboy Big Dog

thanks rally...............back then they where never swimin at the beach :rolleyes:things have changed;)
    cheers mike!:)

Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2010
  10. JoeyNzoey

JoeyNzoey Top Dog

yeah thanks for the advice rally, I recently began going to the beach with my girl who is in the water for hours at a time.