1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Dog warden

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by JLusk, Feb 6, 2014.

1. JLusk

JLusk Big Dog

Dog warden came to one of the yards today to take the dogs because I was late renewing my tags. By the time I got there they had 4 of em loaded up and the dumb fuck tried to put 2 in the same cage. He said he opened the door and the one grabbed the other by the head. I have 12 dogs on that particular yard and they only brought 4 cages. They only took the 4 tho because I agreed to follow them and pay the $528. It was closing time and I hadn't grabbed any cages yet so could only bring the injured one home with me and gotta pick up the other 3 in the morning. How is that legal coming on to someone's property and taking their dogs because their 6 days late renewing their tags with no phone call, warning, nothing. I'm pissed they tried putting 2 in one cage and one got injured bad due to their stupidity. I want to press charges but at the same time I don't want to bring any unwanted attention to me or my dogs. What do you guys think?

2. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

did they provide a warrant? if not, and you can prove of theyre tresspassing.... go for it. im pretty sure they need a warrant to enter your property, in all 50 states.... lawyer up..... youll prolly need it....

3. toom

toom Big Dog

You ALREADY have the towns attention.It was'nt just the dog officer that wanted to mess with you.They want your dogs gone.Your in a situation that you can not make MISSTAKES like forgetting your dogs tags.I'm thinking they can only take your dogs with out a warrant unless they see and injured,,,starved,,,dead etc... dog on your property.GOOD LUCK,,,,watch your back

4. corvettedex

corvettedex CH Dog

:thinking:I would contact a Good Attorney ! I dont have any other suggestions other than that one. I hope and wish the best for you and your bulldogs......Dex

5. treezpitz

treezpitz CH Dog Staff Member

I'd go get a free consultation with a lawyer and see what they think about it after they hear the details. They'd tell you whether they think you have a shot at it. I understand wanting to stay out of their way but it seems like they have you on their radar anyway. I fear if you don't take a stand, they'll try it again. Good luck man!

6. St. Ides

St. Ides Big Dog

If police think they are above the law, then animal control believes they are God. When there is an animal control case in court, all the police officers leave because even they can't stand them. Lol. Best of luck.

7. CajunBoulette

CajunBoulette CH Dog

Fences and padlocks on gates go along way. But yep talk to that lawyer and if you so make sure you get enough to move.

8. F.D.

F.D. Top Dog

I think the warden was at fault on multiple levels. I agree with the other opinions here - seek legal council.

9. old goat

old goat CH Dog

my nephew's a lawyer and he said they can't come on someone's property without a warrant unless they can see some criminal activity going on . and they can't just take your dogs without a warrant . get a lawyer and go after them for damages because if you don't they're coming for your dogs sooner or later .

10. St. Ides

St. Ides Big Dog

I wonder what constitutes illegal activity? Is it considered illegal to not have up to date tags? To have more than x amount of animals on a property? To tether unaltered animals? Just curious if these could be grounds they can use.

11. 87buick

87buick Top Dog

Before you take anymore steps MOVE if your renting, if not relocate all your dogs then go to war. But I would read my first sentence first before proceeding.

12. old goat

old goat CH Dog

these things aren't illegal they are code violations . they can't just go walking on your property without a warrant . and they would need the cops to be there to . he needs a lawyer .

13. JLusk

JLusk Big Dog

They brought the other 3 back today didn't even have to pick them up just had to meet them over there at the property. I called the old dog warden who is a sheriff now and he said its a new law in our town they can take your dogs if no tags because nobody was buying em and the dog wardens get commission on every dog they bring in. They already know us pretty well because we rescue a lot of dogs from them. I'm just gonna let it slide Barney fife was just tryin to cash in on commission

14. stinkrock

stinkrock Top Dog

I Agree with old goat.

15. old goat

old goat CH Dog

Jlusk your going to just let them do what they did and not do 1 damn thing about it . they started a dog fight #1 they trespassed #2 they brought the dogs back to you that shows they know they did something wrong #3 . i would google your state and town and see if they can do anything like that because i seem like you or someone should know that this law was in effect . they can't come on your property without permission . your letting them do this and it will keep happening . what if you lost 1 of the dogs they stared a fight with ?

16. treezpitz

Could agree more OG

17. david63

david63 CH Dog

The dog wardens get a Commission 4 every dog he brings in. Sounds like corruption to me. Out Tax Commissioner is being investigated by the F.B.I right now 4 charging small towns in the county a percentage of the tax money for herself. Her name is Katie Allen.

18. treezpitz

Sounds like IL, glad I got the F outta there!!

19. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

DONT BE A PUSSY! TAKE EM TO COURT AND FILE TRESSPASSING CHARGES! 9along with burglary,breaking & entering, milk it for whatever you can!)

20. treezpitz

lol don't be a pussy lmao